Wells Mountain Foundation is awarding scholarship for post secondary education i.e College, University, Polytechnic or Trade school. This scholarship will be given out to students to pursue their education in their home country or abroad. Applicants will be expected to possess a secondary education certificate with good grades. Wells Mountain Foundation scholarship will cover the cost of education and related expenses including books and supplies ranging from $300 to $2000.The deadline for scholarship application is April 1st 2014
The Wells Mountain Foundation is a public charitable foundation based in Bristol, Vermont, USA, which has been approved under the United States Internal Revenue Service under Section 501(c)(3). Our hope is that by providing the opportunity to further one’s education, the scholarship participants will not only be able to improve their own future, but also that of their own communities. The foundation believes in the power and importance of community service and, as a result, all scholarship participants are required to volunteer for a minimum of one month a year.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Successfully completed a secondary education, with good to excellent grades
- Will be studying in their country or another country in the developing world
- Plans to live and work in their own country after they graduate
- Has volunteered prior to applying for this scholarship and/or is willing to volunteer while receiving the WMF scholarship
- May have some other funds available for their education, but will not be able to go to school without a scholarship.
Fields of study
Any course taught in a University, College, Polytechnic or Trade school is accepted.
What the scholarship covers
Wells Mountain Foundation scholarship will cover the cost of education and related expenses including books and supplies ranging from $300 to $2000.
How to apply
You can apply either by post or online. Click here for more information on how to apply.
Scholarship application deadline
The Scholarship application deadline is April 1, 2014.