Pak-USAID Funded Merit and Need-Based Scholarship program is now out for application. This scholarship is for students who are financially disadvantaged and is available for study at both undergraduate and postgraduate level. This is a full scholarship and will cover tuition fee for entire course, cost of transportation, living expenses etc.
The Pak-USAID Merit and Needs based Scholarship Program Phase-II are focused on providing opportunities for access to higher education especially to under privileged candidates who, despite possessing academic merit, are unable to finance their education. The scholarship is not restricted to tuition only, but extends to accommodation and living expenses. The Executive Committee of the National Economic Council (ECNEC) has approved the program at a total cost of Rs. 2,954.808 million in its meeting held on 6th September 2013. The Project is funded by Government of United States of America as Grant in Aid. The Phase-I of the program was initiated in 2004 at eleven (11) universities with scope of 1807 scholarships. It is the pride of the program that all the scholarships are awarded, 94 percent of the scholarship recipients had graduated in the semester they expected to graduate.
- The applicant must be a Pakistani/AJK National
- Students need to compete for securing admission in the approved discipline at the participating institution as per admission policy of the institution and be enrolled in Undergraduate (4 and 5 ) and Graduate (2 Years and 3.5 years) programs
- Only those students who are enrolled in first semester/ professional year in the respective courses offered by the participating institutions are eligible to apply
- The eligibility of a candidate is linked to neediness of the candidate as determined & assessed by the financial background of his/her family.
Fields of study
Scholarships are provided in the following fields of study:
- Agricultural and veterinary sciences
- Social sciences
- Business Administration
- Engineering and Tech.
What the scholarship covers
This is a full scholarship and will cover tuition fee for entire course, cost of transportation, living expenses etc.
How to apply
Please obtain complete Scholarship Application Form from the Financial Aid Office (FAO) at the participating University/Institution . The Scholarship Form will be submitted along with supporting documents to the same FAO office after completion. Click here for more information on how to apply.
Scholarship application deadline
The deadline for scholarship application varies from university to university. However, applicants should contact the participating universities and find out the application deadline.