The Nigerian Women Association of Georgia is offering scholarships to Nigerian female students in Nigerian universities. About 37 one-time scholarships will be awarded, one per state in the amount of N50, 000 each. The deadline for scholarship application is 30th May, 2014.
Our mission is to empower women, youth and children here in our community and in our home country, Nigeria. These initiatives have been made possible through the dedicated and tireless efforts of our members and the generous support of our sponsors and partners. We encourage you to support our work by becoming a sponsor, as no financial contribution is too small. You can support any of our projects by clicking on “Special Projects”… there are various programs you could donate to.
An applicant must be a Nigerian female, undergraduate student in a Nigerian University. All applications must include the following:
- Proof of State of Origin – Letter of Origination from the university or a letter from your local government office.
- Two Letters of Recommendation from any two of the following: Church Pastor/Mosque Imam, Village Head, Local Government Chairperson or one of your Lecturers.
- One Letter of Recommendation from either the Dean of your Faculty/School or your Head of Department.
- Photocopy of your current university student identification card
- A current photograph of yourself
- An explanation of why you need and should receive the scholarship (not more than one-half typed double spaced page).
- A type-written, double –spaced, two-page essay on:
“What are the effects of the frequent Nigerian teachers’ strikes on student academic performance and learning?”
Fields of study
Nigerian female students in Nigerian universities on any course of study can apply for this scholarship.
What the scholarship covers
Scholarship worth N50, 000 each will be awarded to successful applicants
How to apply
The mode of application is by e-mail or post. Print, complete and submit the NWAG Application Form (see download links below) together with materials and documents specified below under Requirements.
Completed application can be submitted with all required documents either by regular mail to
NIGERIAN WOMEN ASSOCIATION OF GEORGIA, INC
P.O. Box 14532
Atlanta, GA 30324, USA
Electronically via email to [email protected] .
Clickfor more information on how to apply
Scholarship application deadline
The deadline for scholarship application is 30th May, 2014.