The 2014/2015 Italian Government scholarship is now open for application. This scholarship is for International and IRE (Italian Residents Abroad) to pursue courses taught in Italian Institution of higher learning. The deadline for scholarship application is 28th May 2014.
The Italian Government awards scholarships for studying in Italy both to foreign citizens and Italian citizens resident abroad (IRE). Scholarships can be awarded only for study/ research projects at institutions within the Italian public education and research system (state universities and research centres or legally accredited private institutions), following the approval of a selection committee. It is not possible to apply for study/ research projects at foreign institutions (such as universities, libraries, schools and the like) even if they operate in Italy.
To apply for this scholarship, students should meet the following requirements:
- For courses in Italian language:
- Applicants are asked to provide proof of enrollment in a foreign university and of having passed at least a Level A1 Italian language test. Admittance is only to courses with a minimum duration of 3 months and of an A2 university level or higher; applicants must be enrolled in the 3rd year or higher and have passed at least one university level Italian language exam in their home country.
- For courses in Italian teaching:
- Applicants must be foreign teachers with documented experience in teaching Italian as a foreign language (IFL) in their country of origin. Admitted are only courses of a minimum 3 month duration given at the Universities for Foreigners of Perugia, Siena, “Dante Alighieri” of Reggio Calabria and Roma Tre or other institutions accredited in the certification of knowledge of Italian as a foreign language. Upon completion of the course attended the bursary-holder will have to sit the required exams.
- For study or research projects at non-private Italian research Centers – Laboratories –Libraries – Archives – Museums:
- Projects must have prior written approval, in a letter to the applicant from an Italian host institution supervisor. The letter must state the supervisor’s willingness to accept responsibility also for assessing the bursary holder’s performance both during and at the conclusion of the study or research activity.
- For Individual university courses:
- Applicants must provide certification both of enrollment in a foreign university and of pre-acceptance by the Italian university where they intend to study.
- University degree courses (Levels I or II):
- Applicants must provide proof, valid in their place of residence, of having completed upper secondary school and/or first level university studies depending on the University Level they intend to follow.
How to apply
The mode of application is online. Before filling their application, applicants should contact Italian diplomatic representatives or Italian Cultural Institutes in their country of citizenship, for detailed and country specific information about this offer. Click here for more information on how to apply.
Scholarship application deadline
The deadline for scholarship application is 28th May 2014.