The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) together with ANSTI are offering a number of scholarships for Masters and PhD degrees to students from sub- Saharan African countries. The scholarship covers fees, subsistence and international travel. The deadline for scholarship application is 31st March 2014
The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) a publicly funded, self-governing organization of the institutions of higher learning in Germany, promotes international academic exchange as well as educational co-operation with developing countries through a variety of funding and scholarship programmes. DAAD cooperates with ANSTI by offering a number of in-region scholarships for Masters and Ph.D degrees.
To apply for this scholarship, applicants should endeavor to meet the following requirements:
- Ø Applicants must be from ANSTI member institutions and may not exceed the age limit of 36 years by date of nomination.
- Ø Applicants may not apply for studies in their home countries.
- Ø Fellowships are awarded to sub-Saharan African nationals for studies outside the applicants’ home countries. Here’s the full list of countries: Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Chad, Congo (Brazzaville), Congo (DRC-Kinshasa), Ethiopia, Ghana, Ivory Coast, Kenya, Lesotho, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Swaziland , Tanzania ,Togo, Uganda and Zambia
- Ø Applicants must hold a good bachelors degree (at least 2nd class upper division).
- Ø Applicants must obtain official admission to the host university prior to his/her application for the fellowship.
What the scholarship covers
The scholarship covers fees, subsistence and international travel.
How to apply
The mode of application is online. Click here for more information on how to apply
Scholarship application deadline
The deadline for scholarship application is 31st March 2014