University of Nottingham, UK is awarding Developing Solutions Masters Scholarships to students from Africa and Commonwealth countries who want to make a difference in the development of their home country. A total of 105 scholarships will be given out (30 x 100% tuition fee and 75 x 50% towards tuition fee). The deadline for scholarship application is 24th April 2015 – 12 mid-day (UK time).
Since 2004, the University of Nottingham has been awarding Developing Solutions Masters Scholarships to students from Africa and Commonwealth countries. This year, a total of 105 scholarships will be awarded to qualified applicants who meet the requirements stated below.
- Applicant must be a national of (or permanently domiciled in) Africa, India or one of the countries of the Commonwealth listed below:
- Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belize, Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, Brunei, Cayman Islands, Dominica, Falkland Islands, Fiji, Gibraltar, Grenada, Guyana, Jamaica, Kiribati, Malaysia, Maldives, Montserrat, Nauru, Nepal, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Pitcairn, St Helena, St Kitts and Nevis, St Lucia, St Vincent, Solomon Islands, Sri Lanka, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tristan da Cunha, Turks and Caicos, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, Western Samoa.
- Must be classed as an overseas student for fee purposes.
- Have not already studied outside of your home country.
- Are not currently studying at a University of Nottingham campus or are not University of Nottingham graduates.
- Already hold an offer to start a full-time master’s degree programme, including MRes, at Nottingham for September 2015 in an area of study within the:
Faculty of Engineering,
Faculty of Medicine & Health Sciences,
Faculty of Science,
School of Geography – courses related to the area of Environment,
Institute for Science & Society – courses related to the area of Science,
Business School – courses allied to Operations Management,
School of Law – MSc Law and Environmental Science.
Fields of study
The scholarship will be awarded to cover the following fields:
- Faculty of Engineering
- Faculty of Medicine & Health Sciences
- Faculty of Science
- School of Geography – courses related to the area of Environment
- Institute for Science & Society – courses related to the area of Science
- Business School – courses allied to Operations Management
- School of Law – MSc Law and Environmental Science.
What the scholarship covers
A total of 105 scholarships will be given out (30 x 100% tuition fee and 75 x 50% towards tuition fee).
How to apply
The mode of application is online. Please note that you will need to apply for admission to study at Nottingham University at least six weeks before the scholarship closing date to allow time for the Admissions office to process the application and confirm your offer, before you can apply for the scholarship. Click here to contact the scholarship provider for more information on how to apply.
The deadline for scholarship application is 24th April 2015 – 12 mid-day (UK time).
For more inquiries about admissions and visas to study abroad, send an email firstname.lastname@example.org or call: +2347037293057, +2348125835476