Looking for the perfect place to begin your University education? Or perhaps, you desire a place where you can fulfill your ambition? University of Cumbria is it!
Founded in 2007, University of Cumbria, one of UK’s newest Universities has remained committed to the provision of qualitative education. The institution metamorphosed into what it is now, when three well-established academic institutions (Cumbria Institute of the Arts, St Martin’s College, and the Cumbrian Campus of University of Central Lancashire) were brought together.
With its main campus in Carlisle, University of Cumbria has its campuses strategically located in Workington, Lancaster, Ambleside, Barrow-in-Furness and London. On all these campuses, our esteemed students will have unfettered access to:
- Real industry and sector experience
- Fantastic transport experience
- State-of-the-art library and resources
- Serene environment that encourages focus
- Enormous amenities for recreational activities
- Communal living
- Friendly and safe environment, e.t.c
Since its establishment, University of Cumbria has been spending significant time in offering a remarkable mix of scholastic brilliance and pragmatic experience.
The professional training we offer in the fields of Medicine, Sports, Law and Criminology, Business, Humanities placed the university as the 111th out of 126 in the Complete University Guide Ranking 2016.
With reference to the Webometrics ranking of universities in 2017, University of Cumbria was ranked 119 in United Kingdom and 852nd in the continent.
- If you would be applying for an undergraduate program at the University of Cumbria, your applications, made through UCAS, are expected between 1st September and 15th January.
- Any application you make after January 15 will only be considered, consequent upon the number of applications received for a particular course.
- When applying, you will be required to include an email address with which we will keep in touch with you.
- Prior to your admission, you will be required to attend an interview session, especially if you would be coming in for professional courses such as Policing, Teaching courses and Medicine.
- When an interview becomes necessary, you would be adequately informed online.
- In addition, you would be expected to submit a reference letter from either your previous institution or employer. We would also expect you to write an appropriate personal statement.
With a postgraduate degree, you are better positioned to move smoothly and faster in your career path. It can likewise give you the push you need to begin another profession.
We have the above in mind, and that is why postgraduate courses here at the University of Cumbria are designed to give you the practical experiences which will prepare you for the future.
If you have already completed a University education, you may be qualified to be a part of our postgraduate programs which are either taught or through research.
Postgraduate Research program
We offer two types of postgraduate programs at the University of Cumbria which are Ph.D. and MPhil. Both programs require that you write a thesis before you are conferred with a degree.
University of Cumbria’s flexible research programs are designed to run for four years (full time) and five to seven years (part-time).
During the program, you do not have to attend any formal lecture. However, you will receive support from supervisors.
You will also be expected to carry out a thorough research on a topic. Research degrees can take four years full-time or five to seven years low maintenance.
Postgraduate Taught programs
At the University of Cumbria, our taught programs which are appraised by examination and coursework include a blend of lectures and tutorial sessions.
You will also undertake a research work in your area of choice. The taught programs usually run for a year on full-time while it is two years for a part-time study.
The school also has Postgraduate Diploma, Postgraduate Certificate and Postgraduate Certificate in Education programs.
Of course, International Students are welcome to apply for admission into the University of Cumbria.
However, for Undergraduate Studies, you will be required to:
- Apply either by filling a form on our website or through Universities Colleges Admissions Service website.
- On the other hand, postgraduate students will be expected to click on the ‘apply now’ button on the course page for each course. This button will redirect you to the appropriate application form online.
Language Requirements for International Students
- Please note that international students may be asked to produce the test score from an approved and recognized English Language qualification.
- The programs you apply for will determine the level of English which will be required from you.
- There are also country specific language requirement and you may check the requirement for your country on our website.
- Our team of international admissions experts will determine whether you need to be admitted to a pre-session program having considered your application vis-a-vis your language requirements.
Be rest assured that your application will be treated in line with University of Cumbria’s admissions policy documents. You may want to direct your inquires on international admissions to email@example.com
At the University of Cumbria, our tuition fees for the 2017/18 calendar year are:
|Full-time Honours Degree||£9,250*|
|Integrated Foundation Degree||£6,000|
* Subject to Government confirmation – Tuition fees will increase in line with inflation.
|Undergraduate tuition fees|
|Course level||Tuition fee (annual)|
|Bachelor’s degree (BA, BSc, LLB)||£10,500†|
|DipHE or CertHE||£10,500†|
|BA or BSc with integrated foundation year||£7,500 (year 1)†
£10,500 (years 2-4)
|Sandwich or placement year||£1,600|
|Foundation degree (FdA, FdSc)||£10,500†|
|Premium Foundation (FdSc)||£10,500|
|Health pre-registration programmes||£15,500|
|Pre-sessional English (6 weeks)||£1,554|
|Pre-sessional English (12 weeks)||£3,108|
† An early payment discount is available for international students.
|Postgraduate tuition fees|
|Course level||Band D||Band E||Band F||Distance|
|Masters (MA, MSc, MBA)||£10,500||£12,000||£15,500||£8,000|
|PGCE or School Direct||£10,500|
|Type of accommodation||Price|
|Catered university accommodation||£96.45 – £115.30 per week (including bills)|
|Self-catered university accommodation||£88.50 – £115.30 per week (including bills)|
|Room in the private sector (off campus)||£70 – £105 per week (excluding bills – approx. £15 per week)|
Extra Curricular Activities
You will be amazed at the academic and professional skills which the University would help you polish and unleash when you become one of our students because obtaining a degree from the University of Cumbria is more than just having a qualification.
Almost all our Campuses have sports groups where students can train and develop. These players represent the University in the British Universities and Colleges Sport competitions where sports such as Cricket, Rugby League, Rugby Union, Badminton, Netball, Football, Hockey and Pool are featured.
Our programs and courses are designed in such a way that your stay in the university will properly prepare you for career life and give you access to opportunities.
Perhaps you still have other questions to ask, please contact us via our email address firstname.lastname@example.org
For more inquiries about admissions and visas to study abroad, send an email email@example.com or call: +2347037293057, +2348125835476