The University of Canterbury recognizes and supports top-achieving students by awarding them scholarships to pursue their study in the university. For 2016 academic year, scholarship worth $3000 will be awarded to qualified high achieving students to commence their undergraduate study.
Applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria before applying for this scholarship;
- The University of Canterbury scholarships will only be awarded to students who are beginning their first year of an undergraduate degree programme at the University and who have completed a university entrance qualification at a New Zealand school. International students are also eligible, but must have sat for an entrance qualification (e.g. NCEA) in NZ or sat for CIE or IB either in NZ or overseas.
- This scholarship are available only to students whose first year of study in an undergraduate degree programme is no more than one calendar year after they have completed their study for a university entrance qualification.
- Scholarship will be offered for one year.
- Only students who have gained the academic qualifications listed in the appendix, and who have gained university entrance will be considered for this scholarship.
- Students who completed their university entrance requirements in New Zealand via other pathways will also be eligible for consideration, and will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Fields of study
Scholarship will cover all undergraduate programs in University of Canterbury, New Zealand.
What the scholarship covers
The scholarship is worth $3000.
How to apply
You do not need to apply for this scholarship. An approved Application for Enrollment is considered your application for the UC Undergraduate Entrance scholarship. To start your application for enrollment, click here, otherwise click here to contact the scholarship provider for more information on how to apply.
There is NO closing date as a
scholarship application is NOT required. The only deadline is for enrollment at University of Canterbury, and if approved, that enrollment application will be taken as your scholarship application.
However, to be eligible for it, all undergraduate students must enroll by 10 December for Semester One or 2 July for Semester Two
For more inquiries about admissions and visas to study abroad, send an email firstname.lastname@example.org or call: +2347037293057, +2348125835476