The University of Berkeley, California has partnered with MasterCard Foundation to award scholarships to students from Sub-Saharan Africa to pursue both undergraduate and Master’s degree programs at University of Berkeley, California. The Program aims to benefit 15,000 young people over 10 years. To be considered for the MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program, both undergraduate and graduate degree seekers must first be admitted to the university through the regular admissions process. The deadline for scholarship application is 30th November for undergraduate scholarship.
The University of California, Berkeley has partnered with The MasterCard Foundation in a collaborative, global network of education institutions and non-profit organizations that believe education is a catalyst for social and economic advancement. The Program aims to benefit 15,000 young people over 10 years, mostly in Sub-Saharan Africa. At UC Berkeley, the Program will provide support to 113 students from 2012 to 2020, and is open to both undergraduate and professional Master’s students. Students seeking doctoral degrees are not eligible for this Program. To be considered for the MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program, both undergraduate and graduate degree seekers must first be admitted to the university through the regular admissions process.
- Applicants must be citizen of a Sub-Saharan African country
- Excelling academically
- Coming from an economically disadvantaged background
- Having demonstrated the will to give back to your community, country, or continent
- Having expressed the desire and intention to return to your home country after completing your studies.
Fields of study
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Development Studies
- Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
- Environmental Economics and Policy
- Pre-business Administration
- Public Health
- City and Regional Planning
- Civil and Environmental Engineering (MS)
- Development Practice
- Industrial Engineering & Operations Research (M.Eng)
- Information Management and Systems
- Public Health
How to apply
Both undergraduate and graduate degree seekers must first be admitted to the university through the regular admissions process before they will be considered for the MasterCard Foundations Program Scholarship. Click here to contact the scholarship provider for more information on how to apply.
Undergraduate scholarship: 30th November 2014
Postgraduate scholarship: varies by program usually falls between December and January
For more inquiries about admissions and visas to study abroad, send an email to Admin@study-domain.com , Portharcourt@study-domain.com , Peace@study-domain.com or call +2347037293057, +2348125835476, +7896141312