Application is now open for University of Amsterdam excellence scholarship for international students to pursue a master’s degree program at the University of Amsterdam, Netherlands. This is a full scholarship of €25,000 which covers living expenses and tuition for one academic year. Scholars or scholarship beneficiaries will join extracurricular activities and become part of a selective community. The deadline for submission of application is 1st February 2014.
Scholarship applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Applicants must be (provisionally) admitted to an English-taught MA programme at the Graduate School of Humanities. Please check our general entry requirements.
- Must hold a non-EU/EEA passport and not be eligible for support under the Dutch system of study grants and loans (Studiefinanciering; for more information please refer to www.DUO.nl). The scholarship office should be notified as soon as possible of any change in nationality, type of residence permit, and/or possible Studiefinanciering support throughout the academic year.
- Must be (provisionally) admitted to a Master’s programme at the University of Amsterdam for the first time. AES will not be awarded to candidates who are admitted for a second
- Be (provisionally) admitted to an English-taught MA programme at the Graduate School of Humanities. Please check our general entry requirements.
- Be enrolled at the UvA as a full-time student for the academic year and the programme for which the scholarship is awarded. Scholarship continuation is not guaranteed when a candidate changes his or her Master’s programme.
- The candidate may not receive another scholarship for the same period of study as the AES. Kindly notify the scholarships office when another scholarship has been awarded and accepted.
Field of study
Scholarship is provided to learn any of the courses offered by University of Amsterdam and for pursuing a Masters degree at the university of Amsterdam.
How to apply
The mode of application is online. Please provide the following documents when applying for this scholarship online:
- an AES letter of motivation (maximum 500 words) addressed to the director of the Graduate School of Humanities, in which you explain the reasons for choosing the specific MA programme in the Humanities (broader context, relevance for future career);
- a letter of recommendation by a dean, teacher or academic supervisor;
- a description of extracurricular activities such as participation in student commissions, international experience, sports or music at a high level or volunteer work.
- proof of English proficiency (IELTS/TOEFL): TOEFL (internet-based) – overall score of 100 (with a minimum score of 22 in each of the different components), IELTS (academic) – overall score of 7.0 (with at least 7.0 in each of the four components).
Click here for more information on how to apply.
Scholarship Application Deadline
The deadline for this scholarship is 1st February 2014.
For more inquiries about admissions and visas to study abroad, send an email email@example.com or call: +2347037293057, +2348125835476