International students pay tuition fees to study in Australia. Here are tables showing the cheapest (lowest fee) universities for students from abroad.
- Fees shown are annual (per year) tuition costs for popular degrees.
- The figures are sourced from university websites. Fees may vary depending on course and unit choices.
- Most bachelor degrees take 3 years of study. Professional (or honours) bachelor degrees take 4 years. Masters degrees represent 1-2 years of full-time study.
Please Note: Fees for Australian (domestic) students are subsidised by the Australian Government. For bachelor degrees, student contributions are broadly similar across the public university system. Postgraduate fees are variable (and generally higher). For all study levels, HECS-HELP government loans are available to Australian citizens.
Annual Fees for Bachelor Degree
|University||Business degrees||Engineering/science||Arts and education|
|University of New England||$19,920||$25,560||$21,800|
|Charles Darwin University||$20,440||$26,000||$18,520|
|Southern Cross University||$20,560||$27,760||$20,560|
|University of the Sunshine Coast||$20,600||$20,600|
|University of Southern Queensland||$22,300||$25,850||$21,920|
|Charles Sturt University||$22,800||$18,400|
|Australian Catholic University||$23,800||$21,000|
|Western Sydney University||$24,280||$28,520||$22,680|
Annual Fees for Postgraduate Degree
|University||MBA degrees||Engineering/science||Arts and education|
|University of New England||$22,080||$26,400||$21,800|
|Southern Cross University||$23,680||$28,000|
|University of Southern Queensland||$23,760||$24,480||$24,320|
|University of the Sunshine Coast||$23,800||$26,000|
|Charles Darwin University||$25,000||$26,936||$21,200|
|Australian Catholic University||$26,240||$21,000|
|Western Sydney University||$27,400||$28,720||$24,280|
|Federation University Australia||$27,600||$28,800||$28,700|
Lowest Tuition Fees for International Students
Tuition fees for international students are around $20,000 per year at Australia’s cheapest universities. If you want to study at one of these low-fee universities, you will be probably studying in country Australia. Tuition fees in big cities such as Melbourne and Sydney start at around $24,00 per year.
Low-fee universities in country Australia
Universities with low tuition fees are often regional universities. Being based away from major cities helps to keep costs down. Several low-cost universities also specialise in distance education.
The tuition fees list shows that the cheapest Australian universities for international students are:
- University of New England
- Charles Darwin University
- University of the Sunshine Coast
- University of Southern Queensaland.
- Southern Cross University.
Low-fee universities in capital cities
The cheapest universities in Australian capital cities are often suburban universities. Tuition fees are lower compared to inner-city universities because there is less demand for places from students. The 5 cheapest capital-city universities are:
- Victoria University
- University of Canberra
- Flinders University
- Australian Catholic University
Cheapest universities in Melbourne
The cheapest mainstream Melbourne Universities are Victoria University and Australian Catholic University. Both set tuition fees for international students in the low to mid $20,000s.
- ACU is a multi-state university with a strong Melbourne presence. Despite the name, ACU is open to people of all religions.
- Victoria University is based in the western suburbs but has teaching facilities in the city centre.
Another Melbourne universities with tuition fees often below $25,000 per year is Swinburne.
Cheapest universities in Sydney
Sydney has 6 universities based in the city, with 3 in the mid-to-low cost range.
- Australian Catholic University is the cheapest, with a typical tuition fee of around $22,000 per year.
- Western Sydney University with fees for international students starting from $23,000.
- The other Sydney University with some fees below $30,000 is University of Technology Syndey.
For more inquiries about admissions and visas to study abroad, send an email email@example.com or call: +2347037293057, 08125835476