The eighth biennial Lee Kuan Yew Global Business Plan Competition is now open for application. This competition is organized for undergraduate, college and polytechnic students around the world. All participants will be able to showcase their business plans and entrepreneurial talents on a global stage, attract seed funding to further their business ambitions as well as extend their network of friends and business contacts through the Competition. The deadline for submitting application is January 31st 2014.
The Lee Kuan Yew Global Business Plan Competition, an event named after Singapore’s first Prime Minister who’s widely recognised as a strategic thinker and a global visionary. Participants stand to win up to US$60,000 in cash, prizes and business development opportunities. Overseas finalists will receive 5-night hotel stay in Singapore for 2 core team members.
- This competition is open to all full-time university undergraduates, college and polytechnic students (participants who are university undergraduates, college or polytechnic students.
- All participants should submit a business plan for a start-up or early stage venture. Proposals for merger/acquisitions of an existing company, consulting projects or licensing arrangements are not eligible
- An existing business is only eligible if it has received less than US$80,000 in funding and has less than US$100,000 in gross revenue as at 31st January 2015
- Submitted materials must be the original work of the participating team. A declaration to this effect will need to be submitted along with your proposal (click here to download declaration form).
- Each team is eligible to submit one idea. In the event of multiple submissions by a team the last submission made by the team will be considered for evaluation.
Winners of this competition stand to win the following prizes:
- First Prize…………………………….US$36,000
- Second Prize………………………..US$12,000
- Third Prize……………………………US$3,000
- Fourth – Sixth Prizes……………..US$500
- Most Promising Young Entrepreneur Award………S$5000
How to apply
- Participants should form teams of minimum 1 person to maximum of 5 persons.
- Proposals should be submitted before January 31st 2015 for the preliminary round. 20 teams will be selected and advance to the semi-final round. Click here to register your business plan or here to contact the competition provider.
The deadline for submission of application is January 31st 2014
For more inquiries about admissions and visas to study abroad, send an email email@example.com or call: +2347037293057, +2348125835476