The Swiss government is offering scholarships to international students who intend to pursue masters, PhD or postdoc programs in Switzerland. The aim of this scholarship is to promote international exchange and research cooperation between Switzerland and over 180 other countries. Recipients are selected by the awarding body, the Federal Commission for Scholarships for Foreign Students (FCS). Since the scholarship is fully funded, it will cover all expenses including tuition fees, health insurance, air fare, special lodging allowance etc.
Applicants who wish to apply for this scholarship must meet the following requirements:
- The research scholarship is available to post-graduate researchers in any discipline (who hold a master’s degree as a minimum) who are planning to come to Switzerland to pursue research or further studies at doctoral or post-doctoral level.
- Research scholarships are awarded for research or study at all Swiss cantonal universities, universities of applied sciences and the two federal institutes of technology.
- Only candidates nominated by an academic mentor at one of these higher education institutions will be considered.
- Art scholarships are open to art students wishing to pursue an initial master’s degree in Switzerland.
- Art scholarships are awarded for study at any Swiss conservatory or university of the arts.
- Only those who have already been awarded a place to study may apply.
- This scholarship is available to students from a limited number of countries only.
Citizens of more than 180 countries across the world (both African and Non-African). Visit the official website (link to it is below) for complete list of eligible countries.
Fields of study
All masters, PhD and Postdoc programs offered at Swiss Universities in the areas of Applied sciences, Arts, and any other approved disciplines.
What the scholarship covers
The scholarship is fully funded and covers tuition fees, health insurance, air fare, special lodging allowance etc.
How to apply
Swiss government scholarships are offered by the Federal Commission for Scholarships for Foreign Students exclusively via Switzerland’s official diplomatic representations in the applicants’ countries of origin. Please use the country links (Countries A – L / Countries M – Z) on the official website to see what type of scholarships are offered for your country of origin (i.e. masters, PhD, etc). You will also find the necessary information regarding eligibility criteria and the application procedure. Click here to contact the scholarship provider for more information on how to apply.
The deadline for scholarship application varies from country to country, but typically 30th November. The new offer for academic year 2017-2018 will be submitted between September to December 2016.
Important points to note
- The Swiss government scholarship is fully funded and covers all expenses like tuition fees, monthly allowance etc.
- The scholarship is for applicants who intend to pursue masters, PhD and Postdoc programs in Switzerland.
- Ensure that you check the country links to know the right scholarship for your country and apply accordingly.
For more inquiries about admissions and visas to study abroad, send an email email@example.com or call: +2347037293057, +2348125835476