The University of Texas in conjunction with the Harry Ransome Centre, invites outstanding students to apply for its fellowship programme. The University of Texas at Austin, is a public research university and the flagship institution of the University of Texas System. Founded in 1881 as “The University of Texas.
Type: Fellowship, Research
- The fellowships are open to scholars of any nationality.
- Previous recipients of Ransom Center fellowships are eligible to reapply after two full fellowship cycles have passed.
- One- to three-month fellowships and travel stipends are open to scholars with a Ph.D. or with a substantial record of professional achievement, demonstrated on their curriculum vitae. If the Ph.D. is in-progress at the time of application, the proposal and letters of recommendation must clearly indicate completion by June 1, 2018. Successful applicants must complete the Ph.D. by this date in order to accept the fellowship.
- Dissertation fellowships are open to doctoral candidates engaged in dissertation research by the time of application.
Number of Awards: 60. 10 dissertation fellowships and up to 50 postdoctoral fellowships will be awarded
Value and Duration of Award:
- One to Three-month Fellowships: One- to three-month fellowships are available for postdoctoral or independent scholars whose projects require extensive use of the Ransom Center’s collections.
- $3,500 Per month (Domestic)
- $4,000 Per month (International)
- Travel Stipends: Travel stipends are available for postdoctoral or independent scholars whose projects require less than one month’s use of the Center’s collections. Travel stipends may not be combined with other Ransom Center fellowships.
- $2,000 (Domestic)
- $2,500 (International):
- Dissertation Fellowships: Dissertation fellowships are available for graduate students whose doctoral dissertations require use of the Center’s collections.
- $2,000 (Domestic)
- $2,500 (International)
How to Apply: A complete application consists of a three-page proposal and one or two letters of recommendation as outlined in the Program Webpage (See link below).
These materials must be uploaded to the Ransom Center’s online application system as PDF files by the application deadline.
To begin your application for a 2018–2019 fellowship, create a fellowship account.
Upon successful creation of your account, you will receive a fellowship account number, which you must use to submit your proposal, and which your referee(s) must use to submit the required letter(s) of recommendation.
Award Providers: Harry Ransom Center
Important Notes: Please note that information cannot be revised once submitted. Previous applicants for Ransom Center fellowships must create a new account for 2018–2019, as accounts from previous applications cannot be reused.
Application Deadline: 15th November 2017
Eligible Countries: International and Domestic
To Be Taken At (Country): University of Texas (Austin), USA
For more inquiries about admissions and visas to study abroad, send an email firstname.lastname@example.org or call: +2347037293057, +2348125835476