Rotterdam School of Management at Erasmus University is offering scholarships for students from non-EEA countries who are not entitled to pay the EEA tuition fee, but have excellent grades. The scholarship will be provided in the form of a waiver from the non-EEA tuition fee. Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University (or RSM) is the international Business school of the Erasmus University Rotterdam located in Rotterdam, Netherlands. It offers undergraduate and postgraduate programs taught mostly in English, including MBA, Executive education and PhD programs.
Applications for the scholarships are open for prospective IBA students (thus, not currently enrolled students) starting their studies in 2018/2019 from all non-EEA countries, provided they would be charged the non-EEA tuition fee.
Only students who are not recipients of any other scholarships exceeding the amount of 5,000 euro in total in that same academic year can apply for the scholarship. The RSM Scholarship Committee will determine award recipient(s) on 15th April, 2018 and they will be informed on 15th April, 2018.
Field of Study: Bachelor’s in IBA (International Business Administration)
Bachelor’s in IBA (International Business Administration)
Eligible Countries: The school may give preference to students with one of the following nationalities:
- Brazilian, Russian, Indian, Chinese, Taiwanese/Korean/Filipino, Indonesian/Vietnamese/Thai, Iranian/Iraqi, Azerbaijani/Georgian, Turkish, African (all countries), Mexican
To be taken at (country): The Netherlands
Eligibility: The scholarship will be awarded for the first year of the IBA programme, provided excellence in previous education is proven. As the scholarship will only be awarded for the first year, students should be aware that they will need to have sufficient means to cover the study costs of the second and third years.
- Excellence in previous education is proven if the grade point average achieved at secondary school (measured to date) is at least the equivalent of the Dutch grade of 8.0 on the Dutch grading scale 1 – 10. For prospective students who have also attended higher education after secondary education grades obtained in higher education will be considered as well. The RSM Scholarship Committee will decide on the local grade equivalents for the Dutch grade of 8.0 using (a.o.) the grade information included in the Nuffic country modules;
- You cannot receive any other scholarships exceeding the amount of € 5,000 in total in that same academic year;
- By accepting this scholarship you agree to assist the RSM Recruitment and Admissions Office in the role of an Ambassador with promotional and support activities for approximately 8 hours per month during the academic year;
- By accepting this scholarship you agree to start your visa procedure before 1st June, 2018. RSM holds the right to cancel your scholarship if you have not started your visa procedure and will offer the scholarship to a student on the scholarship waiting list.
Value of Scholarship: The scholarship takes the form of a tuition waiver
- The amount of the scholarship for the academic year 2018/2019 is approximately € 6,940;
- The scholarship will be awarded for the first year of the IBA program only, provided excellence in previous education is proven;
- The scholarship will be subtracted from the full non-EEA tuition fee (€ 9,000) before the start of the academic year, enabling you to immediately pay the reduced tuition fee; either at once or in installment.
Duration of Scholarship: The scholarship will be awarded for the first year of the IBA program.
How to Apply: The first step is to register for the IBA program in Studielink. (Note that you cannot apply for a scholarship in Studielink). Once you have registered yourself, you will receive a link for our online application form (OLAF). Please upload the scholarship application letter of maximum 1 A4 size page in OLAF including the following:
- an explanation on why you would need a scholarship, comprising a description of your current financial situation;
- an explanation regarding why you would deserve a scholarship, comprising a description of academic excellence and if applicable other merits;
- a clear financial plan of how you are going to finance years 2 and 3 of the IBA program
- a signed statement indicating that other scholarships awarded do not exceed the amount of € 5,000 in total;
- if applicable: certified copies of other scholarships granted.
Award Provider: Erasmus University, Netherlands
Application Deadline: 31st January, 2018
For more inquiries about admissions and visas to study abroad, send an email firstname.lastname@example.org or call: +2347037293057, +2348125835476