Hong Kong is an autonomous territory, and former British colony, in southeastern China . It’s one of the world’s leading international financial centres. Hong Kong has a thriving economy characterised by low taxation and free trade, and one of the highest per capita incomes in the world.
CityU through the Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme (HKPFS) is inviting students who wish to pursue PhD studies at the College of Business.
Established by the Research Grants Council (RGC) since 2009, the Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme has brought over talented students from around the world to Hong Kong to undertake PhD studies.
Eligible Fields of Study:
- PhD Accountancy: Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Economics.
- PhD Economics: Economics, Finance, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering
- PhD Finance: Finance, Accounting, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Management Science
- PhD Information Systems: Information Systems, Computer Science, Business Administration, Economics, Psychology, Sociology, Engineering
- PhD Management: Human Resource Management, Business Studies/Administration, Management, Psychology, Sociology, Hotel Management
- PhD Marketing: Marketing Management, Economics, Psychology, Sociology, Supply Chain Management
- PhD Management Sciences: Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Computer Science, Engineering, Management Science, Information Systems
Type: Fellowship, PhD
Eligibility: Candidates should demonstrate outstanding qualities in the following:
- Academic performance (a minimum GPA 3.7/4)
- Research ability and potential
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Leadership abilities
Applicants from an institution where the language of teaching is not English should satisfy the following minimum requirements set by the College of Business, CityU: a minimum TOEFL score of 550 (paper-based) or 213 (computer-based) or 79 (internet-based); or an overall band score of 6.5 in the International English Language Testing System (IELTS).
Selection Criteria: Candidates seeking admission to PhD studies at CityU should satisfy the following minimum entrance requirements:
- hold a higher degree by research (or equivalent qualification) from a recognised university;
- or hold a taught Master’s degree (or equivalent qualification) from a recognised university;
- or hold a Bachelor’s degree with first class honours (or equivalent qualification) from a recognised university.
Number of Awardees: Several
Value of Fellowship: The Fellowship will provide:
- a monthly stipend of HK$20,000 (~US$2,564);
- a conference and research related travel allowance of HK$10,000 (~US$1,282) per year for a maximum period of three years.
In addition, CityU will:
- provide a monthly studentship at the same level as the Fellowship awarded by the RGC for the fourth year of study of the Fellowship awardees who are admitted to a 4-year PhD programme in 2017-18;
- offer the “Chow Yei Ching School of Graduate Studies Entrance Scholarships” (around HK$69,096), covering students’ full-time tuition fees and on-campus hostel accommodation expenses in their 1st year of research studies.
Duration of Fellowship : 3 years
How to Apply: Visit Fellowship Webpage to apply
Award Provider: College of Business, City University
Eligible Countries: International
To be taken at (University): City University of Hong Kong
- Application to RGC: 12 noon, 1st December 2017 (Hong Kong Time or GMT +8 hours)
- Application to CityU: 6th December 2017 (Hong Kong Time or GMT +8 hours)
For more inquiries about admissions and visas to study abroad, send an email email@example.com or call: +2347037293057, +2348125835476