The University Of Duisburg-Essen, Germany, invites Researchers from developing countries to apply for the Fully Funded Research Fellowship at the said university for the 2018/2019 session. The University of Duisburg-Essen, is a public university in Duisburg and Essen, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany and a member of the newly founded University Alliance Metropolis Ruhr. It was founded in 1654 and re-established on 1st January, 2003 as a merger of the Gerhard Mercator University of Duisburg and the University of Essen.
Type: Research, Fellowship
Fields of Research: The Center work in the first year of its second funding period will focus on the themes ‘Pathways and Mechanisms of Global Cooperation’ and ‘Global Cooperation and Polycentric Governance’. We especially invite fellowship applications that address these themes, as described below. In addition, empirical focus on climate change, digital spaces, migration, or peace building is particularly welcome.
Eligible Countries: Developing Countries
To Be Taken At (Country): Germany
In the period March 2018 to February 2019 the Center invites fellowship applications from across the Humanities and Social sciences (including Psychology, Law and Economics) in relation to the first two main themes, as detailed below. Preference is for fellowships of twelve months, but shorter periods will also be considered. We particularly encourage female researchers and scholars from the Global South to apply. Applications from scholars at risk are welcome.
Fellows are expected to have:
- Personal research and publication in the Center thematic areas
- A contribution to the Center own publications (e.g. Global Cooperation Research Papers or Routledge Global Cooperation Series)
- Active participation in seminars and other Center events
- Collaboration with other fellows in interdisciplinary exchange
- Work in residence at the Center in Duisburg, Germany
- A completed PhD (for postdoctoral fellows)
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- In the period March 2018-February 2019, we invite fellowship applications from across the Humanities and Social sciences (including Psychology, Law, and Economics) in relation to the first two main themes, as detailed below. Preference is for fellowships of twelve months, but shorter periods will also be considered. We particularly encourage female researchers and scholars from the Global South to apply. Applications from scholars at risk are welcome.
Nationality: Applicants from the global south (i.e., Africa, Latin America and the developing countries in Asia) are eligible to apply for this fellowship programme.
Value of Award:
- An intellectually stimulating and vibrant interdisciplinary learning community
- Excellent infrastructure with fully equipped offices, library facilities, and administrative support (also with finding accommodation)
- Travel expenses and funds to organize workshops (subject to approval)
- Either a monthly stipend commensurate with experience or salary reimbursement to the home institution
How to Apply: Applications (in English only) should include:
- a cover letter
- concise research proposal (3-5 pages)
- list of publications
- text of one relevant publication
Please submit applications here
Application Deadline: 19th November, 2017.
For more inquiries about admissions and visas to study abroad, send an email firstname.lastname@example.org or call: +2347037293057, +2348125835476