Singapore is a wealthy city state in south-east Asia. Asia usually gets overlooked as a study abroad destination. Nowadays, students are taking the off-beat track to explore fresh destinations that promise not just an education but a new and wholesome experience. The city-state of Singapore offers just that. Known for its diverse population and strict corporate culture, the island country sizzles in hyper activity and enjoys its reputation as the financial centre of Southeast Asia..
Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA) Scholarship for international applicants seeking admission to pursue a full-time PhD programme at NTU in August 2017.
The Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA) is a collaboration between the Agency for Science, Technology & Research (A*STAR), the National University of Singapore (NUS) and the Nanyang Technological University (NTU) to offer PhD training to be carried out in English at your chosen lab at A*STAR Research Institutes, NUS or NTU. Students will be supervised by distinguished and world-renowned researchers in these labs. Upon successful completion, students will be conferred a PhD degree by either NUS or NTU.
Type: PhD, Research
Eligible Field of Study: PhD in Science, Engineering and Research
Eligibility and Selection Criteria
- The scholarship is open to all international students
- Excellent academic results to be in the top 20% of your cohort
- Graduate with a passion for research and excellent academic results
- Good skills in written and spoken English
- Good reports from two academic referees
Number of Scholarships: up to 240
Value of Scholarship
- Attractive monthly stipend over 4 years of PhD studies, which can support you comfortably. The stipend amount is SGD 24,000 annually, to be increased to SGD 30,000 after passing Qualifying Examination.
- Full support for tuition fees for 4 years of PhD studies.
- One-time SGD 1,000 Settling-in Allowance
- One-time Airfare Grant of SGD 1,500
Duration of Scholarship: For the duration of the programme
How to Apply: Hard copies of the following supporting documents must be submitted to the SINGA Office:
- A copy of your Identity Card or Passport
- Certified true copies of university transcript(s), one in English translation and the other in the original language
- Certified true copies of degree scroll(s) or a letter or certification from the university on your candidature if your degree scroll has not yet been conferred.
- Two Academic Referees’ Recommendation
- Two recent passport-sized photographs
Not compulsory but good to include (if any):
- A certified true copy of TOEFL / IELTS results
- A certified true copy of SAT I & II / GRE / GATE results
- Certified true copies of awards / prizes and certificates
- List of publications
- List of patents filed
If you need more Information about this scholarship, kindly visit the Scholarship Webpage
Sponsors: Agency for Science, Technology & Research (A*STAR), the National University of Singapore (NUS) and the Nanyang Technological University (NTU)
Important Notes: Only short-listed candidates will be notified within 10 weeks from the application closing date.
Application Deadline: for August 2018 intake is 1st January 2018
Eligible Countries: International Students
To be taken at (country): National University of Singapore (NUS) and the Nanyang Technological University (NTU) Singapore
For more inquiries about admissions and visas to study abroad, send an email email@example.com or call: +2347037293057, 08125835476