Female students worldwide are invited to participate in the 2018 International Peace Scholarship fund program to study in USA and Canada. The International Peace Scholarship Fund, established in 1949, is a program which provides scholarships for selected women from other countries for graduate study in the United States and Canada. Members of P.E.O. believe that education is fundamental to world peace and understanding. The PEO International Peace Scholarship Fund is a programme of Women helping women reach for the stars. The PEO International fund will provide scholarships for selected women from other countries for graduate study in the United States and Canada.
Members of P.E.O. believe that education is necessary for world peace and understanding. The scholarship is based upon demonstrated need; however, the award is not intended to cover all academic or personal expenses.
Eligibility and Criteria
- An applicants must be qualified for admission to full-time graduate study and working toward a graduate degree in an accredited college or university in the United States or Canada.
- A student who is a citizen or permanent resident of the United States or Canada is not eligible.
- Scholarships are not given for research, internships, or practical training, unless it is combined with coursework. Awards are not to be used to pay past debts.
- In order to qualify for her first scholarship, an applicant must have a full year of coursework remaining, be enrolled and in residence for the entire school year.
- Doctoral students who have completed coursework and are working only on dissertations are not eligible as first-time applicants.
- International students attending Cottey college are eligible to apply for a scholarship.
- The maximum amount awarded to a student is $12,500. Lesser amounts may be awarded according to individual needs.
- The scholarship is based upon demonstrated financial need; however, the award is not intended to cover all academic or personal expenses. At the time of application, the applicant is required to confirm additional financial resources adequate to meet her estimated expenses. Additional resources may include personal and family funds, tuition waivers, work scholarships, teaching assistantships, study grants and other scholarships.
- Awards are announced in May. The amount of the PEO International scholarship will be divided into two payments to be distributed in August and December
Application Guideline and Procedures
- Information concerning the international peace Scholarship program is available from the P.E.O. Executive Office or from the website at peointernational.org.
- Eligibility must be established before application material is made available. Eligibility information and application deadlines can be found at any time on the P.E.O. website.
- Information concerning admission to Cottey college may be obtained by writing to the coordinator of Admissions, Cottey College, Nevada, Missouri 64772, or visit them at cottey.edu.
Awards are announced in May. The amount of the scholarship will be divided into two payments to be distributed in August and December.
- Application Opens: 15th September, 2017
- Application closes: 15th December, 2017
- March 1, 2018: Last day to submit completed application materials from applicants already enrolled in the graduate program and school for which their scholarship is intended.
- April 1, 2018: Last day to submit completed application materials from applicants not yet enrolled in the graduate program or school for which the scholarship is intended. Last day to submit completed application materials for applicants who will be attending Cottey College
- May 2018: Notification of scholarship awards
- June 1, 2018: Last day for students to accept IPS scholarships
Offered Annually: Yes
For more inquiries about admissions and visas to study abroad, send an email email@example.com or call: +2347037293057, +2348125835476