Leiden university is pleased to inform everyone that the Leiden University, Netherlands is offering scholarship opportunities to International students who have interest in pursuing a degree program at the institution. The Leiden University Excellence Scholarship programme (LExS) is offered to excellent Non-EU/EEA students enrolling in a Leiden University degree programme and for excellent students from all nationalities enrolling in a Master of Law Advanced Programme or MSc in International Relations and Diplomacy. Leiden University was founded in 1575 and is one of Europe’s leading international research universities.
- In his or her prior academic education abroad, the applicant must have achieved excellent study results which are relevant for the programme for which the student wishes to enroll. As an indication, the student will be among the top 10% for the relevant programme followed abroad
- The applicant will hold a non-EU/EEA passport and will not be eligible for support under the Dutch system of study grants and loans
- Scholarships will not be awarded to applicants who have already obtained a Leiden University Master’s degree
- Students are selected on the basis of academic merit.
Eligible Countries: International
To be taken at (country): Leiden University, the Netherlands
Who is qualified to apply?
- Non-EU/EEA students enrolling in a Leiden University Master’s degree programme starting February 2018 (All MA, MSc and LL.M programmes as mentioned on the website Master’s programmes in Leiden).
- All nationalities enrolling in the programmes listed above starting February 2018
Number of Scholarships: The number and type of award of the scholarship depends on the budget available for each Faculty department.
Value of Scholarship: The Leiden University Excellence Scholarship programme has 3 types of awards
- € 10.000 of the tuition fee
- € 15.000 of the tuition fee
- Total tuition fee minus the statutory tuition fee (also referred to as home fee)
The number and type of award of the scholarship depends on the budget available for each Faculty department. The type of award has no reflection on the student’s academic level of excellence. Please be aware that the LExS is not a full scholarship.
Duration: Scholarship will last for the duration of the Master’s programme.
How to Apply:
- Fill in your online application for admission to Leiden University (see in Scholarship Webpage link below).
- Upload all required documents.
- Indicate clearly that you would like to apply for the LExS scholarship on the scholarship page. Please note that if you apply for more than one Master’s programme, you have to indicate that you apply for the LExS scholarship for all these programmes separately.
Visit the Scholarship Webpage for more details
Award Sponsors: Leiden University, the Netherlands
- Note that some programmes have a start date in September only and the scholarship application deadline for September has passed.
- All LExS applicants will be informed by the scholarship department of Student Educational Affairs about the outcome of the selection procedure by the end of November 2017 for the February 2018 intake.
Application Deadline: 1st October 2017
For more inquiries about admissions and visas to study abroad, send an email email@example.com or call: +2347037293057, 08125835476