Leiden University is awarding scholarships to outstanding international students who enroll for a masters program in the university for the 2015/2016 academic year. The scholarship will be awarded as tuition fee waiver.
Leiden University Excellence Scholarship targets excellent students from all nationalities who enroll for a masters degree program in the university. The scholarship is worth €10,000 and €15,000 which will be awarded as a tuition fee waiver. Applicants should note that LExS is not a full scholarship and it’s important that they find additional funding to finance their study and stay in the Netherlands.
- Applicant must be a Non-EU/EEA students enrolling in a Leiden University master’s degree programme starting September 2015 or February 2016 (All MA, MSc and LLM programmes)
- Applicant must have had an excellent study results which are relevant for the programme for which the student wishes to enroll
- Applicant must hold a non-EU/EEA passport and will not be eligible for support under the Dutch system of study grants and loans
- This scholarship will not be awarded to applicants who have already obtained a Leiden University master’s degree.
- Students who are granted a LExS must comply with and confirm in writing their agreement with the Rules and Regulationsattached to the scholarship prior to the granting of the scholarship.
Fields of study
Applicants must enroll in the following programmes starting September 2015 or February 2016:
- Master of Laws: Advanced Studies in Air & Space Law
- Master of Laws: Advanced Studies in European & International Business Law
- Master of Laws: Advanced Studies in International Tax Law
- Master of Laws: Advanced Studies in Public International Law
- Master of Laws: Advanced Studies in International Civil & Commercial Law
- Master of Laws: Advanced Studies in Law & Digital Technologies
- Master of Laws: Advanced Studies in European Tax Law
- Master of Laws: Advanced Studies in European & International Human Rights Law
- Master of Laws: Advanced Studies in International Children’s Rights
- MSc in International Relations & Diplomacy
What the scholarship covers
University of Leiden Excellence Scholarship will be awarded in 3 categories as follows:
- € 10.000 of the tuition fee
- € 15.000 of the tuition fee
- Total tuition fee minus the statutory tuition fee
How to apply
The mode of application is online. Following the steps below when submitting your application:
- Fill in your online admission application to Leiden University.
- Upload all required documents
- Indicate that you will like to apply for the Leiden Excellence Scholarship on the scholarship page
- Upload your letter of motivation for the LexS scholarship on the scholarship page
- Submit your application online
- Pay the application fee
The Faculty selection committee will review the applications. Students are selected on the basis of academic merit. Click here to contact the scholarship provider for more information on how to apply.
The deadline for scholarship application are 1st May and 1st October 2015
For more inquiries about admissions and visas to study abroad, send an email email@example.com or call: +2347037293057, +2348125835476