The Elisabeth & Amelie Fund by the King Baudouin Foundation aims to instigate a new form of support for sustainable water management in developing countries by financing on-the-spot internships for students from developing countries who are studying in Belgium. Here, the Elisabeth & Amelie Fund takes into consideration an integrated approach to water management that includes technical and/or sociological aspects.
The internship will take place in a developing country (the student’s country of origin or another country). It will be tied to a master’s thesis or an equivalent) and under the responsibility of the Belgian academic institution where the student is studying.
Eligible Countries: Students from a developing country studying in Belgium
To be taken at (country): A developing country (Candidate’s home country)
Eligible Field of Study: Master’s level degree (master’s, specialisation master’s or a second bachelor’s degree) that is linked to water management.
- Objective. The internship is linked to the access to water or its management in developing countries and must be clearly part of the subject of the candidate’s end of year project.
- Pertinence. The work undertaken by the candidate at local level and the results that emanate from this deal with important local issues.
- Capabilities. The budget requested must match the candidate’s needs. He/She must have sufficient resources to complete the internship under the required conditions.
- Innovation. The approach that the candidate chooses for his/her internship or the framework within which he/she intends to work is different from the usual approaches or frameworks.
- Impact. The expected results should bring sustainable change for the people concerned at local level.
Number of Awardees: 10
Value of Scholarship: The grant will cover the expenses inherent to the internship, up to a maximum of €5.000.
Duration of Scholarship: The internship, which should last 1 to 2 months, must take place between December 2017 and the end of August 2018.
How to Apply: Complete your Application Form online
- Download the annex(es) that have to be completed for your application form
Award Provider: King Baudouin Foundation
Application Deadline: 23rd October, 2017
For more inquiries about admissions and visas to study abroad, send an email firstname.lastname@example.org or call: +2347037293057, +2348125835476