In order to qualify for this award, the following requirements must be met;
- Applicants must have sound academic records
- Must demonstrate strong desire to:
- Pursue a demanding academic schedule.
- Collaborate with peers and professors.
- Meet ambitious career and life goals.
- Join a community of scholars with a strong commitment to global change.
- Tackle complex challenges at home and abroad.
Fields of study
All undergraduate study programs at Clark University, USA
What the scholarship covers
Successful candidates will have the resources and opportunities to explore their interests in depth. Candidates take control of their education, connect with pioneers in their fields and develop skills to drive tomorrow’s innovations.
More specifically, successful candidates will receive these benefits:
- Free tuition, room and boardfor four years: the annual scholarship renewal would be contingent on candidate’s maintaining a strong academic record at Clark for each of their four years as an undergraduate.
- A free master’s degree, if applicable: If candidate’s interested — and candidate meets certain eligibility requirements for Clark’s Accelerated B.A./Master’s Degree Program — candidate can complete a master’s degree as a fifth-year student, completely tuition-free.
- A significant, funded research project:Before graduation, candidate completes a LEEP Project, demonstrating mastery of the five LEEP learning outcomes, including the ability to integrate skills and knowledge and to solve complex problems through creative thinking, collaboration and persistence. Candidates receive stipends to complete your LEEP Project.
- A circle of support:At Clark, candidate will be surrounded by people eager to help them apply their talents, including faculty, alumni, career advisers and business and community leaders. With the guidance and mentorship of experts, they design an ambitious academic track that includes interdisciplinary courses, internships, research projects and study abroad experiences.
- Transformative internship experiences:Candidate works in Communities of Effective Practice — multigenerational, interdisciplinary groups — on a particular task or topic, such as assisting in consultations with local entrepreneurs, helping analyze the results of a psychology study or collecting field-based data on climate change.
- A community that cares about the world:Clark graduates are known for changing the lives of others. Candidate collaborates with and be inspired by students, faculty, administrators, alumni and industry professionals who are as passionate as you are about creating a more just, equitable and sustainable world.
How to apply
If you are interested in the Presidential LEEP Scholarship, simply check that option when you fill out the Common Application (available after Aug. 1, 2016).
You’ll then receive detailed information — including the topics of two short essays — on how to apply for the scholarship. The deadline for submitting the essays is Feb. 1 for both Early Decision and Regular Decision candidates. Semi-finalists will be notified by the end of February, and finalist interviews will be conducted in March. The Admissions Committee chooses finalists based on the strength of their applications for admission and other criteria identified by the committee.
Click here to contact the scholarship provider for more information on how to apply.
If you are applying for the fall 2017 intake, ensure that you abide by these deadlines:
- Early Action deadline: Nov. 1, 2016
- Early Decision deadline: Nov. 1, 2016
- Regular Decision deadline: Jan. 15, 2017
- Essay deadline for Early Decision and Regular Decision: Feb. 1, 2017
For more inquiries about admissions and visas to study abroad, send an email to Admin@study-domain.com , Portharcourt@study-domain.com , Peace@study-domain.com or call +2347037293057, +2348125835476, +7896141312