A total of 330 International Research Scholarships will be given out by the Australian government to assist international students undertake a postgraduate research qualification in Australia and gain experience with leading Australian researchers. The scholarship will cover expenses such as tuition fees, health cover costs for scholarship holders, and health cover costs for their dependants.
Each year, the Australian government gives out a total of 330 International Research Scholarships at a cost of around $20m per annum to assist international students carry out their research with Australian leading researchers.
- Applicant must be an international student of any country except New Zealand.
- Applicant must also meet international student visa requirements as specified by the Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC), including the requirement to purchase and maintain a standard Overseas Student Health Cover policy approved by the Commonwealth Government Department of Health and Ageing.
- Be commencing full-time enrolment for the first time in a HDR at an eligible scholarship provider in Australia.
- Be undertaking study in a subject area identified by the provider as one of its areas of research concentration.
- Must not hold a research qualification regarded by the provider to be equivalent to an Australian Research Doctorate degree or, if undertaking a Research Masters degree, not hold a research qualification regarded by the provider to be equivalent to or higher than an Australian Research Masters degree
- Must not hold an Australian Agency for International Development (AusAID) scholarship within the two years prior to commencing the IPRS
- Must not receive a scholarship for which course tuition is a component under any other scholarship scheme to which the Australian Government makes a substantial contribution.
Fields of study
All research postgraduate programs available at participating universities.
What the scholarship covers
A total of 330 scholarships will be awarded and will cover expenses such as tuition fees, health cover costs for scholarship holders, and health cover costs for their dependants.
How to apply
Application must be sent directly to participating universities. Click here to contact the scholarship provider for more information on how to apply.
The deadline for scholarship application is May-October 2015
For more inquiries about admissions and visas to study abroad, send an email email@example.com or call: +2347037293057, +2348125835476