Distinguished college undergraduates and graduate students who aspire to become leaders in public health and in the fight against the HIV/AIDS epidemic are invited to apply for the 2018 amfAR HIV/AIDS Public Policy Internship and Fellowship Program to be taken at Washington DC, USA. The amfAR Public Policy Internship and Fellowship Programme trains interns and fellows to become effective leaders in public health by immersing them in policy writing, research and advocacy from their very first day.
amfAR, The Foundation for AIDS Research, (American Foundation for Aids Research) is an international nonprofit organization dedicated to the support of AIDS research, HIV prevention, treatment education, and the advocacy of AIDS-related public policy.
The Allan Rosenfield Internship and Fellowship Program at amfAR, the Foundation for AIDS Research, was established to honor the distinguished public health leader Allan Rosenfield, M.D., dean of Columbia University’s Mailman School of Public Health for 22 years, chair of amfAR’s program board, and a longtime member of the Foundation’s board of trustees.
Successful candidates are expected to conduct original writing and research related to the domestic and global HIV/AIDS epidemic as well as advocate to members of Congress and their staff, organize meetings and conferences, and participate in community briefings.
Type: Internship, Fellowship
To be taken at (country): Washington, DC, USA
- Applicants for internships must be enrolled in an undergraduate degree program.
- Applicants for fellowships must have received an undergraduate degree prior to beginning the fellowship. A graduate degree related to public health policy and its associated fields (e.g., M.D., J.D., M.P.P, M.P.H., Ph.D) is preferred but not required.
- Applicants must demonstrate strong writing and research skills and have a demonstrated interest in health policy or advocacy related to HIV/AIDS. Knowledge of the U.S. government and legislative processes is also preferred but not required.
Number of Awardees: 4
Value and Duration of Program: Placements are paid and full time and are up to six months for fellows and up to three months for interns. All fellows and interns are based in Washington, DC.
How to Apply: Applicants must send:
- A resume;
- A cover letter describing your interest in this issue and working at amfAR; and
- A writing sample (no more than 2,000 words);
Applications must be submitted online here
Award Provider: amfAR
Important Note: Please note, while applications are accepted on a rolling basis, candidates will only be contacted regarding the most current term. Successful candidates will be contacted after the application deadline.
- For placements beginning in January/February 2018, applications must be submitted by 1st November ,2017.
- For placements beginning in June/July 2018, applications must be submitted by 15th April, 2018.
For more inquiries about admissions and visas to study abroad, send an email email@example.com or call: +2347037293057, +2348125835476