The University Of Toronto, Canada is offering MasterCard foundation scholarship to outstanding students from the sub-Saharan African counties who intend pursuing an undergraduate study in University of Toronto. Scholarship is fully funded and covers expenses such as travel, tuition, textbooks, housing, food and living expenses. Only students who demonstrate academic talent and a personal commitment to giving back to their country, but face significant economic barriers to higher education will be considered for this award.
To qualify for the MasterCard, the following conditions must be met:
- Applicant must be a first-time applicant to the University of Toronto who has not yet begun university study elsewhere.
- Be a resident and a graduating high school student of a country within Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Demonstrate financial need correspondent to that of the lowest two quintiles of your country
- Have very strong academic results within your school system
- Have a record of leadership and extracurricular involvement
- Maintain a strong desire to return to Africa to assist and work towards enhanced regional socioeconomic development
- Be graduating from a recognized secondary school, or have completed the necessary academic requirements
- Fulfill the necessary English requirements (dependent on country)
Fields of study
All undergraduate study programs at University of Toronto, Canada.
What the scholarship covers
The scholarship is fully funded and covers all expenses like tuition fees, accommodation, living expenses etc.
- Once selected, you will receive a scholarship equaling the costs related to attaining a Bachelor’s degree, including travel, tuition, textbooks, housing, food, and living expenses. Also, you will receive financial, academic, social, and post-graduation support which will assist you to build experiences and competencies critical for academic and future successes.
- Internships: The program will also provide two unpaid internships. The first will take place in the Toronto area for three months during your second summer to provide local practical work experience and skills. The second internship will take place in Africa during your third summer.
- There will be funding available to help you with the cost of a passport. If you do not own a passport, the program will aid in passport applications and related costs.
How to apply
The mode of application is online. Ensure that you follow the instructions below when submitting your application:
- A completed online application – all applicable sections must be filled out, including contact information, financial information, personal details and responses to essay questions.
- Financial documents – upload a scanned copy of financial documentation.
- Transcript – upload a scanned copy of your secondary school transcript and any other academic information.
- Two references – provide the names and contact details of two individuals who will serve as your referees. We will contact your referees directly and ask them to submit their letter of reference through a secure website.
Click here to contact the scholarship provider for more information on how to apply.
The deadline for scholarship application is 10th December 2016.
For more inquiries about admissions and visas to study abroad, send an email firstname.lastname@example.org or call: +2347037293057, +2348125835476