The 2016 Mexican Government Scholarship is now open for application. The scholarship is awarded to foreign students who wish to pursue their study in the following areas: Undergraduate and graduate mobility, graduate level research and postdoctoral fellowships, specializations, master’s degree, doctorate and medical specializations and subspecializations. The scholarship will not be awarded for direct Ph.D. programs (combined M.A. and Ph.D. programs), distance learning programs, open or online education.
The Mexican Agency for International Development Cooperation is inviting foreign citizens who are interested in studying for a specialization, master’s degree or doctorate, conducting graduate or postdoctoral research, or taking part in an undergraduate or graduate-level academic mobility program, to participate in the 2016 Mexican Government Scholarship Program for International Students. The scholarship will cover expenses such as monthly stipend, tuition and registration fees, round-trip international airfare, health insurance etc.
Applicants must meet the following requirements;
- Applicants must posses a minimum of Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD degree, as required by the program for which the scholarship is requested.
- A minimum grade point average of eight (8.0) on a scale of 0 to 10, or the equivalent, for the last academic degree received is required.
- Applicant must be accepted to or currently enrolled in a program at one of the participating Mexican institutions.
Fields of study
Scholarship will be awarded in the fields of specialization, master’s degree or doctorate, conducting graduate or postdoctoral research, or an undergraduate or graduate-level academic mobility.
What the scholarship covers
The scholarship will cover the following expenses;
- Monthly stipend of 4 times the minimum salary in Mexico City for undergraduate mobility scholarships, specializations, master’s degrees or master’s-level research, Spanish language or Mexican culture courses, currently the equivalent of $8,412.00 pesos (approximately US $546.234).
- Monthly stipend of 5 times the minimum salary in Mexico City for doctoral studies and research, postdoctoral fellowships and medical specializations and
subspecializations, currently the equivalent of $10,515.00 pesos (approximately US $681.90).
- Registration fees and tuition, as established by the program at each institution (see the academic programs offered by the participating IES).
- Health insurance from the Mexican Social Security Institute (IMSS), starting in the third month of the scholarship (the scholarship recipient must have health
insurance that covers both major and minor medical expenses and provides international coverage for the first three months in Mexico).
- Round-trip international airfare at the beginning and end of the scholarship
- Transportation from Mexico City to the host institution and back at the start and end of the scholarship, if studying outside of Mexico City.
How to apply
All application for scholarship must be done at the Mexican embassy in the applicant’s country or at the concurrent embassy. No direct application from applicant will be accepted. The following documents must be submitted;
- An application form
- Official nomination of his/her government
- An explanation of why the applicant is interested in studying or conducting research in Mexico.
- Curriculum vitae (maximum of 3 pages).
- Acceptance letter from the Mexican host institution, signed by the responsible party (Director of the International Affairs Office, Director of Academic Exchanges, Head of the Graduate Studies Department, Graduate Studies Coordinator, etc.), stating the length of the studies with the start and end dates and the type of studies.
For research, the acceptance letter should also state that the candidate will receive the mentoring needed for the research project and, if possible, the name of the advisor.
- Copy of the diploma for the highest degree received.
- Copy of the transcript for the last degree received showing a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 8/10. If a different scale is used, the equivalent on a 10-point
scale must be submitted.
- For mobility scholarships, a letter from the applicant’s institution agreeing to give academic credit for the classes or course of study that will be taken in Mexico.
- Click here to contact the scholarship provider for more information on how to apply.
The deadline for scholarship application is 31st August 2015
For more inquiries about admissions and visas to study abroad, send an email to Admin@study-domain.com , Portharcourt@study-domain.com , Peace@study-domain.com or call +2347037293057, +2348125835476, +7896141312