ABOUT THE SCHOLARSHIP
The scholarship was set up to give international students a chance to enroll for postgraduate programs at higher educational institutions in Korea as well produce leaders worldwide and improve Korea networks worldwide.
The total number of scholarships to be awarded is around 345 and the duration of the scholarship is one year of Korean language plus two years of master’s studies for students involved in master’s program while for students involved in doctoral studies it is one of year of Korean language plus three years of doctoral studies.
After studying Korean language, the scholarship duration for both master’s and PhD programs will not be extended but in case where students have a TOPIK level higher than 5 they can be exempted from taking the Korean language course and this will reduce the duration of the scholarship.
The scholarship comes with some benefits including:
Settlement allowance of about 200,000 KRW when students arrive
Korean proficiency grants
FIELD OF STUDY
The scholarships are awarded for approved master’s or doctoral programs offered by the participating institutions. More information is available on NIIED website.
To be eligible for the program, students should meet the following requirements:
- The parents of the applicants must not hold foreign citizenship
- Applicants who hold Korean citizenship are not eligible to apply for the program
- In the year of selection, applicants should not be up to 40 years old
- Applicants as of the September 1 of the year when candidates will be selected, should have a bachelor or master’s degree
- Applicants who have enrolled for an undergraduate, masters or doctoral program in a Korean university or have graduated from a Korean university are not eligible for the scholarship program
- Applicants should possess one of the following grades:
Maintain a grade point average (GPA) minimum of 2.64 on a 4.0 scale, 2.80 on a 4.3 scale, 2.91 on a 4.5 scale, or have grades, marks or scores of 80% or more from the previously attended institution
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants can apply through the Korean embassy in their home country or a participating Korean University. Click here to contact the scholarship provider for more information on how to apply
The deadline for candidates to be recommended to NIIED is March 31 2016 every year, therefore applicants should apply earlier as deadline for Korean embassies in several countries vary.
Note: Applicants that are recommended by a Korean university should study in the same university
For more inquiries about admissions and visas to study abroad, send an email email@example.com or call: +2347037293057, 08125835476