The 2015/2016 Czech Government Scholarship for international students is not open for application. This scholarship is for international students who wish to pursue bachelors, masters or doctoral degree programs at public universities in Czech Republic. The deadline for scholarship application is 30th September 2014.
The Government of the Czech Republic offers scholarships within the framework of its Foreign Development Assistance in support of the study of foreign nationals from developing countries at public institutions of higher education in the Czech Republic. The scholarships are intented solely to promote the studies of adults who are foreign nationals from developing third countries in need. Neither a citizen of the Czech Republic, nor a citizen of a member state of the European Union, nor any other foreign national with a permit to permanent residence on the territory of the Czech Republic may therefore be granted this type of scholarship.
- Scholarships may not be granted to persons under 18 years of age. (The applicants have to turn 18 as of 1 September of the year when they commence studies in the Czech Republic at the latest.)
- Depending on the subject area, Applicants are normally required to sit entrance Examinations at the higher education institution Concerned.
- Successful passing of Entrance examination constitutes a precondition for the scholarship
- The 2015-16 Czech Republic Government Scholarships are intended solely to promote the studies of adults who are foreign nationals from developing third countries in need.
Fields of study/research
Scholarship will be provided to pursue bachelors/masters/doctoral degree programs in the following fields: Economics, Agriculture Informatics, Environment and Energetics at public universities in the Czech Republic.
What the scholarship covers
- The scholarship covers the necessary costs related to staying and studying in the CR. The scholarship amount is regularly amended.
- Currently the amount paid to students on a Bachelor’s, Master’s or follow-up Master’s study programme stands at CZK 14,000 per month, whereas the amount paid to students of a Doctoral study programme stands at CZK 15,000 per month.
- The above scholarship amount includes an amount designated for the payment of accommodation costs. Costs of accommodation; food and public transport are covered by scholarship holders from the scholarship under the same conditions that apply to students who are citizens of the CR.
- Should healthcare exceeding standard care be required by the student, s/he shall cover it at his/her own cost. Travel expenses for travelling to the Czech Republic and back to the student’s home country are paid by the party that nominated the student to study in the CR or by the foreign national at his/her own cost.
How to apply
The deadline for scholarship application is 30th September 2014.
For more inquiries about admissions and visas to study abroad, send an email firstname.lastname@example.org or call: +2347037293057, 08125835476