The 2015/2016 Chevening Scholarships for Commonwealth Countries is now out for application. The Chevening programme makes awards to talented individuals who demonstrate the potential to become future leaders, decision makers and opinion to pursue a one year postgraduate masters course in any discipline at any UK university.
The Chevening programme was established in 1983 and has developed into a prestigious international scheme. Chevening Scholars come from 118 countries worldwide (excluding the USA and the EU), and this year the Scholarships will support more than 600 individuals. There are over 42,000 Chevening alumni around the world who together comprise an influential and highly regarded global network.
- Applicants should hold a degree that is equivalent to at least a good UK second-class honours degree.
- Be a citizen of a Chevening-eligible country at the time of applying for the award, and intend to return there at the end of the period of study
- Have completed at least two years’ work or equivalent
English language requirement
Overall score – 6.5, with a minimum score in each component of: Listening – 5.5; Reading – 5.5, Speaking – 5.5, Writing – 5.5.
Pearson PTE Academic
Overall score – 58, with a minimum score in each component of: Listening – 42, Reading – 42, Speaking – 42, Writing – 42
Overall score – 79, with a minimum score in each component of: Listening – 17, Reading – 18, Speaking – 20, Writing – 17
Fields of study
Chevening Scholarships are awarded across a wide range of fields; including politics, government, business, the media, the environment, civil society, religion, and academia in any UK University.
What the scholarship covers
A full Chevening scholarship covers the following:
- payment of tuition fees;
- travel to and from your country of residence by an approved route for you only
- an arrival allowance
- a grant for the cost of preparation of a thesis or dissertation (if required)
- an excess baggage allowance;
- the cost of an entry clearance (visa) application for you only
- a monthly personal living allowance (stipend) to cover accommodation and living expenses. The monthly stipend will depend on whether you are studying inside or outside London. It is currently £917 per month outside London and £1134 per month inside London (subject to annual review).
How to apply
The mode of application is online. Please note that applications for 2015/16 Scholarships will open on 1 August 2014. In the meantime, those interested in becoming part of the prestigious Chevening community should sign up for alerts through our country pages. Click here to contact the scholarship provider.
For more inquiries about admissions and visas to study abroad, send an email firstname.lastname@example.org or call: +2347037293057, +2348125835476