The 2015 New Zealand Development Scholarship is now open for application. This scholarships is open to international students who wish to enroll for full-time, postgraduate level study (i.e. Postgraduate Certificate and Diplomas, Masters degrees and PhD degrees) in New Zealand. It will cover expenses such as full tuition fees, a living allowance (paid fortnightly), an establishment allowance, medical and travel insurance, travel between home country and New Zealand at the start and end of scholarship
The New Zealand Development Scholarship are funded by the New Zealand Government’s overseas aid and development programme and the New Zealand Aid Programme. The scholarship is given to candidates from selected developing countries the opportunity to gain knowledge and skills through study in specific subject areas which will help in the development of their home country.
In order to apply for this scholarship, the following criteria should be met;
- Applicants must not be less than 18 years as at the time of commencing his/her scholarship.
- Should be a citizen of a country citizen of the country from which he/she is applying for a scholarship.
- Should not have citizenship or permanent residence status of New Zealand, Australia, USA, Canada, European Union countries, United Kingdom, Japan, Israel, South Korea, Qatar, United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia.
- Must have at least 2 years of work experience (part time or fulltime, paid or voluntary).
- Applicants should also be able to satisfy Immigration requirements for international student entry to New Zealand or the country in which you will undertake your scholarship (i.e. medical checks, police clearances/character checks, etc.)
- Be academically and linguistically able to obtain an Offer of Place for the proposed programme of study from the tertiary institute where you will undertake your scholarship
- Must Commit to return to his/her country for a minimum of 2 years at the end of the scholarship.
- Applicant must not have been previously terminated from a New Zealand Government Scholarship.
Fields of study
Scholarships will only be awarded for studies that are related to to Agriculture Development and Renewable Energy (for Africa and Latin America), for Chinese applicants, Preference will be given to candidates who apply to study in academic disciplines relating to one or more of the following: Rural development; Food safety and biosecurity; Tourism and small business development and Agriculture Development, For Mongolia and Nepal, Preference will be given to study in academic disciplines that relates to the following fields: Agriculture Development, Renewable Energy, Private Sector Development and Public Sector Management.
What the scholarship covers
The New Zealand Development Scholarship will cover expenses such as full tuition fees, a living allowance (paid fortnightly), an establishment allowance, medical and travel insurance, travel between home country and New Zealand at the start and end of scholarship.
How to apply
Applicants will first and foremost apply for an offer of place at one of the ten eligible New Zealand education institutions. Once you’ve received an admission to New Zealand institution, download the scholarship application form and complete all sections. Finally Submit 2 copies of your completed application form, with all attachments and supporting documents (including an Offer of Place) by the deadline to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade via post But applicants from China and Timor-Leste should submit their application to their respective New Zealand Embassy. Click here to contact the scholarship provider for more information on how to apply.
The deadlines for scholarship application are 31 July 2015 but for China is 18 May 2015 and for Timor-Leste is 30 April, 2015.
For more inquiries about admissions and visas to study abroad, send an email to Admin@study-domain.com , Portharcourt@study-domain.com , Peace@study-domain.com or call +2347037293057, +2348125835476, +7896141312