The 2015-2016 Margaret McNamara Memorial Fund (MMMF) scholarship is now open for application. This scholarship is for women from developing countries who are currently studying in the United States or Canada. Each successful applicant will receive $12000. The deadline for scholarship application is January 15th 2015.
The MMMF provides grants to women from developing countries to help further their education and strengthen their leadership skills to improve the lives of women and children in developing countries. The MMMF is offering scholarships for women from developing countries who are currently studying in the United States or Canada. The MMMF awards grants are approximately $12,000 each. The MMMF also typically invites the recipients to Washington DC to participate in a three day Awards Program organized in their honor.
A candidate applying for the MMMF grant from US/Canadian universities must meet all of the following criteria:
- Has a record of service (paid and/or volunteer) to women and children in the developing world.
- Demonstrate a commitment to improve the lives of women and children in the developing world through field of study and/or topic of research
- Plan to return to her country (or other developing country) within two years of completing her degree and intends to work to improve the lives of women and/or children.
- Demonstrates financial need by providing relevant financial information.
- Be enrolled in an accredited educational institution in the US or Canada for the full academic year in which the application is submitted and intend to be enrolled for the subsequent year covered by the grant.
- Be a national of an eligible developing or middle-income country (Canada. United States citizens or permanent residents (green card holders, Canadian citizens or Canadian landed immigrants are not eligible. ) and residing in the United States or
- Demonstrate good academic performance at the university where she is registered.
- Be at least 25 years of age by the relevant application deadline.
- Not be an immediate or extended family member of any World Bank Group, IMF or Inter-American Development Bank (IADB) staff member or their spouse.
- Not received a MMMF grant in any prior year.
Fields of study
Scholarship will be provided to pursue any field of study.
What the scholarship covers
The MMMF awards grants are approximately $12,000 each
How to apply
The mode of application is online. Contact the scholarship providerfor more information on how to apply.
- Copy of your passport picture page
- Copy of your US or Canada visa / study permit;
- Copy of your Official transcripts from your current university only: – (if your program is for research and without grades, a progress report from a supervising professor must be submitted with institutional seal and Registrar’s signature)
- Official confirmation of registration in your academic institution for current semester: – with institutional seal and Registrar’s signature. Acceptance Letters are not needed and do not substitute for Proof of Registration/Enrollment.
The deadline for scholarship application is January 15th 2015.