The Mexican government is awarding scholarships to foreign students who wish to take programs for specialization, Master’s or PhD degrees and postgraduate researches. This scholarship will cover registration an tuition fees, health insurance, transportation from Mexico City to the host institution and back at the start and end of the scholarship, monthly stipend of USD$595.934 for undergraduate mobility scholarships and USD$744.912 for doctoral studies and research, postdoctoral fellowships and medical specializations and sub specializations. The deadline for scholarship application is July 31st 2014.
On behalf of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the Mexican Agency for International Development Cooperation (AMEXCID) invites foreign citizens who are interested in studying for a specialization, master’s degree or doctorate, conducting graduate or postdoctoral research, or taking part in an undergraduate or graduate-level academic mobility program, to participate in the 2015 Mexican Government Scholarship Program for International Students.
The scholarships are offered to more than 180 countries through a series of bilateral conventions, multilateral programs and special agreements. More than 70 Mexican institutions participate and all offer academic programs registered with the National Council for Science and Technology (CONACYT) as National Quality Graduate Programs. These programs demonstrate the progress made by Mexico in the sciences and humanities.
Candidates must meet the following eligibility requirements before applying for this scholarship:
- Bachelors, Master’s or Ph.D. degree, as required by the program for which the scholarship is requested.
- Minimum grade point average of eight (8.0) on a scale of 0 to 10, or the equivalent, for the last academic degree received.
- Be accepted to or currently enrolled in a program at one of the participating Mexican institutions.
Fields of study/research
The Mexican Government Scholarships are awarded to study any one of the courses available at participating Mexican institutions except Business administration, Plastic surgery, accounting, marketing, dentistry and advertising.
What the scholarship covers
This scholarship covers the following:
- Registration fees and tuition, as established by the program at each institution.
- Health insurance from the Mexican Social Security Institute (IMSS), starting in the third month of the scholarship. (The scholarship recipient must have health insurance that covers both major and minor medical expenses and provides international coverage for the first three months in Mexico.)
- Transportation from Mexico City to the host institution and back at the start and end of the scholarship, if studying outside of Mexico City
- Monthly stipend of $8,074.80 Mexican pesos (equivalent to USD$595.934) for undergraduate mobility scholarships, specializations, master’s degrees or master’s degree research, Spanish language and Mexican culture courses
- Monthly stipend of $10,093.50 Mexican pesos (equivalent to USD$744.912) for doctoral studies and research, postdoctoral fellowships and medical specializations and sub specializations
This scholarship doesn’t cover the following:
- Academic costs (registration and tuition) if not waived by the academic institution or authorized by the Foreign Ministry
- Fees for transferring academic credits and course revalidation
- Cost of printing a thesis
- Fees for obtaining the diploma
- Registration in the National Registry of Foreign Citizens
- Other expenses not mentioned above
How to apply
Application for this scholarship must be done at the Mexican or concurrent embassy in applicant’s home country. No application will be accepted directly from the applicant. Clickfor more information on how to apply.
Scholarship application deadline
The deadline for scholarship application is July 31st 2014.
For more inquiries about admissions and visas to study abroad, send an email firstname.lastname@example.org or call: +2347037293057, +2348125835476