The 2015 Eiffel Scholarships for international students is now open for application. This scholarship will be awarded by the French Ministry of Foreign and European Affairs to qualified international students who wish to pursue masters and PhD programs in the fields of Engineering sciences at Master level, sciences in a broader sense for PhD level (engineering sciences, exact sciences: mathematics, physics, chemistry and life sciences, nano and bio-technology, earth and environmental sciences, information and communication sciences and technology), Economics and management and Law and political science. The deadline for scholarship application is 9th January 2015.
The Eiffel excellence scholarship programme was launched in January 1999 by the French Ministry of Foreign Affairs to support French centres of higher education in their international outreach initiatives, in a context of mounting competition among developed countries, to attract elite overseas students on master’s, engineering and PhD courses. The scholarship is open to international students who wish to pursue their study in France.
Applicants should endeavor meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Age: Applicants for programs that leads to a master’s degree level, must be at most 30 years old at the date of the selection committee, that is to say, born after 07/03/1983; for PhD applicants, candidates must be aged at most 35 years old on the date of the selection committee, that is to say, born after 03.07.1978.
- Nationality: This scholarship program is for candidates of foreign nationality. Binational candidates, one of which nationality is French, are not eligible.
- Origin of applications: Only applications sent by the French institutions are admissible. The latter undertake to enroll laureates in the training for which they were selected. Applications sent by other means are not receivable. In addition, a candidate nominated by more than one institution will see his application rejected
- The training involved:All Eligible candidates are likely to incorporate a training course of master level attested by a diploma, including engineering school, and PhD candidates. The French trainings relocated abroad are not affected, fellows, non doctoral, having to perform at least 75% of their studies in France.
- Concurrent scholarships: Foreign students already receiving a scholarship from the French government for another program at the time of filing the application are not eligible, even if it is a scholarship that supports social coverage
- Eiffel doctoral Scholarship: an applicant who has already received an Eiffel scholarship under his PhD may not represent his candidacy again.
- Eiffel master Scholarship: a candidate whose folder was not selected may not represent its application in the following years, even if they change their field of study.
- Language level: institutions that screen non-francophone candidates must ensure that their language level is in line with the level required by the training course. Eventually, students currently studying abroad are given priority over those already residing in France.
Fields of study
This scholarship will cover the following fields of study: Engineering sciences at Master level, sciences in a broader sense for PhD level (engineering sciences, exact sciences: mathematics, physics, chemistry and life sciences, nano and bio-technology, earth and environmental sciences, information and communication sciences and technology), Economics and management and Law and political science.
What the scholarship covers
- Master’s courses : Eiffel scholarship-holders on Master’s courses receive an allowance of €1,181(1 031 EUR of maintenance allowance and 150 EUR of monthly compensation), in addition, the programme meets various expenses including return trip, health insurance and cultural activities. Scholarship-holders might also be eligible for additional accommodation allowance.
- PhD courses: Eiffel scholarship-holders on PhD courses receive an allowance of €1,400. In addition, the programme meets various expenses including return travel (single return trip for law and political science students on multiple stays), health insurance and cultural activities. Scholarship-holders might also be eligible for additional accommodation allowance.
- Payment: The grant is paid monthly by bank transfer into a French account opened by the grantholder at the start of the course. Bank account details (RIB) shall be notified to Campus France.
- The Eiffel programme does not cover tuition fees, though the higher education centres concerned are invited to apply the best possible financial conditions to Eiffel scholarship-holders.
- Enrolment fees at state-run higher education centres are waived for students on French government scholarship programmes such as this.
How to apply
The mode of application is online. Click here to contact the scholarship provider for more information on how to apply.
- Opening of the call for applications: Week of October 20th, 2014
- Deadline for receipt of applications by Campus France : January 9th, 2015
- Announcement of results: Week of March 23th, 2015
For more inquiries about admissions and visas to study abroad, send an email firstname.lastname@example.org or call: +2347037293057, +2348125835476