Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation will be given out scholarships for full time postgraduate scholarships to international students wishing to study in Cambridge University, UK. Each year, the organization gives out about 90 scholarships to students. Application for this scholarship will be open by 1st September. The scholarship will cover tuition fees, mentainance allowance, family allowance, hardship funding, one economy single air fare etc.
Gates Cambridge Scholarships are prestigious, highly competitive full-cost scholarships. They are awarded to outstanding applicants from countries outside the UK to pursue a full-time postgraduate degree in any subject available at the University of Cambridge. The programme aims to build a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
- A citizen of any country outside the United Kingdom.
- Applying to pursue one of the following full-time residential courses of study at the University of Cambridge: PhD (three year research-only degree); MSc or MLitt (two year research-only degree); or a one year postgraduate course (e.g. MPhil, LLM, MASt, Diploma, MBA etc.)
- OR already a student at Cambridge and want to apply for a new postgraduate course. For example, if you are studying for an MPhil you can apply for a Gates Cambridge Scholarship to do a PhD. However, if you have already started a course, you cannot apply for a Gates Cambridge Scholarship to fund the rest of it.
- OR already a Gates Cambridge Scholar and want to apply for a second Scholarship. You must apply by the second, international deadline and go through the same process of departmental ranking, shortlisting and interviewing as all other candidates.
Fields of study
This scholarship will be given to pursue any postgraduate program in Cambridge University, UK.
What the scholarship covers
Bill and Melinda Gates foundation scholarship is a full scholarship and covers the following:
- The University Composition Fee and College fees at the appropriate rate
- a maintenance allowance for a single student (£13, 300 for 12 months at the 2012-13 rates; pro rata for courses shorter than 12 months)
- one economy single airfare at both the beginning and end of the course
- Family allowance – up to £7,775 for a first child and up to £1,200 for a second child. No funding is provided for a partner
- Fieldwork – you may apply to keep up to your normal maintenance allowance while on fieldwork as part of your PhD.
- Some fourth year funding for PhD Scholars may be provided – but the termly maintenance allowance reduces per term for up to a year
- Hardship funding – if there are unforeseen difficulties.
How to apply
The mode of application is online. Click here to contact the scholarship application for more information on how to apply.
- Round 1 (US citizens based in the USA) – 15 October 2014
- Round 2 (all other eligible candidates) – 3 December 2014
For more inquiries about admissions and visas to study abroad, send an email firstname.lastname@example.org or call: +2347037293057, +2348125835476