The 2015 Australian Government scholarship for international students is now open for application. These scholarships are available for international students who want to live and study in Australia for full time undergraduate or postgraduate study. These awards are administered by AusAID for long term career development of students. This award Scholarships is to provide the cost of your tuition in your residency status in Australia. This also covers Return air travel; provide Establishment allowance and Overseas Student Health Cover.
Objectives of Australia Awards Scholarships are to develop skills and knowledge of students to drive change and contribute to the development outcomes of their own country. The most significant advantage of Australia Awards Scholarships is to provide the cost of your tuition in your residency status in Australia. This also covers Return air travel, provide Establishment allowance and Overseas Student Health Cover.
What the scholarship covers
- # – Full tuition fees.
- # – Return air travel—payment of a single return, economy class airfare to and from Australia, via the most direct route.
- # – Establishment allowance—a once only payment of A$5,000 as a contribution towards as accommodation expenses, text books, study materials.
- # – Contribution to Living Expenses (CLE) is a fortnightly contribution to basic living expenses paid at a rate determined by AusAID. From 1 January 2013, CLE payable to Scholars studying under an ADS is A$30,000 per year.
- # – Introductory Academic Program (IAP)—a compulsory 4-6 week program prior to the commencement of formal academic studies covering information on life and study in Australia.
- # – Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) for the duration of the award (for award holder only)—provided to cover the student’s basic medical costs (with the exception of pre existing conditions).
- # – Pre-course English (PCE) fees—if deemed necessary PCE may be available for students for in-country and/or in-Australia training.
- # – Supplementary Academic Support may be available to ensure a Scholar’s academic success or enhance their academic experience.
- # – Fieldwork (for research students only)—may be available for eligible research students for one return economy class airfare via the most direct route to their country of citizenship or within Australia.
Fields of study
These scholarships are available for international students who want to live and study in Australia for full time undergraduate or postgraduate study. Please note that Study programs must relate to your country’s priority areas for development.
How to apply
There are two methods of application via; online and by post. However, you must check your country application procedure and apply accordingly. Click here for more information on how to apply.
Scholarship application deadlines
Please click here to see the deadline for your country.