The 2015 round of endeavor scholarship by Australian Government is now open for application. This scholarship will be given to support citizens of the Asia-Pacific, the Middle East, Europe and the Americas to undertake study, research and professional development programmes in Australia and for Australians to undertake these programmes overseas. The deadline for scholarship application is 30th June 2014.
Endeavour Scholarships and Fellowships are internationally competitive, merit-based scholarships provided by the Australian Government that support citizens of the Asia-Pacific, the Middle East, Europe and the Americas to undertake study, research and professional development programmes in Australia and for Australians to undertake these programmes overseas. The Endeavour Scholarships and Fellowships programme forms part of the Australia Awards initiative established in 2009, which brings together under one banner scholarships offered by the Department of Education (the Department), Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade and the Australian Centre for International Agricultural Research.
- Applicants must be aged be aged 18 years or over at the commencement of their programme
- Be a citizen and/or permanent resident of a participating country (section 8
- Commence their proposed programme after 1 January 2015 and no later than 30 November 2015. Applicants who have already commenced or will commence their intended programme prior to 2015 are not eligible to apply
- Provide all relevant supporting documentation (section 9);not currently hold or have completed, since 1 January 2013, an Australian Government sponsored scholarshipand/or fellowship (directly administered to recipients by the Australian Government)
- Not apply for a category in which they have already completed an Endeavour Scholarship or Fellowship.
Fields of study/research
Scholarship will be provided to pursue courses offered in Australian higher education and research institutes.
What the scholarship covers
- Travel allowance: $3,000 (Provision to pay up to $4,500 under special circumstances)
- Establishment allowance: $2,000 (Fellowships) or $4,000 (Scholarships)
- Monthly stipend: $3,000 (paid up to the maximum programme duration on a pro-rata basis)
- Health insurance for the full programme duration (OSHC for non-Australians)
- Travel insurance (excluding during programme for non-Australians)
- Endeavour Scholarship recipients will also receive tuition fees paid up to the maximum study/research duration on a pro-rata basis. Tuition includes student service and amenities fees.
How to apply
The mode of application is online. Please contact the scholarship provider here for more information on how to apply.
The deadline for scholarship application is 30th June 2014.