The Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF) is a Parastatal of the Ministry of Petroleum Resources established by Decree 25 of 1973 for the purposes of development, promotion and implementation of petroleum technology and manpower needs through research and training of Nigerians. The scholarships are offered to undergraduate, master and PhD students to study at the universities in Nigeria and abroad. The scholarships are offered in the field of Engineering, Geology, Geosciences, Management, Economics and relevant fields. Selection will be based strictly on performance in the aptitude test and Oral Interview. Application deadline is 23rd October, 2013 for the 2013/2014 and 2014/2015 applicants.
The Fund is also inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates for MSc and PhD Scholarships. A combined aptitude test will be conducted for both 2013/2014 and 2014/2015 MSc applicants as well as oral interview for PhD applicants. Scholarships will be awarded to candidates that meet the selection requirements for both 2013/2014 and 2014/15 in September 2014.
Application Forms can be accessed online using an ATM card or through purchase of a scratch card from designated main branches of First Bank of Nigeria Plc in all the States and FCT, upon payment of a NON-REFUNDABLE sum of N1,000 (One Thousand Naira Only). Instructions on how to access the form online are clearly stated on the backside of the cards.
Applicants may please note that only those who meet the requirements below shall be shortlisted and invited for an Electronic Aptitude Test, in the case of Masters Degree candidates, while oral interview will be conducted for PhD (full time) on dates to be announced later.
A. Undergraduate (Nigeria Only)
1. Possession of 5 credits in WAEC/SSCE/NECO including English Language and Mathematics
2. Must have concluded the 1st year of their study in any of the PTDF upgraded Federal Universities listed above.
3. Must have scored a minimum CGPA of 3.0 on scale of 5 or 4.5 on a scale of 7 in their 1st Year.
4. Must scan and attach a copy of their admission letter
5. Students admitted into the University through Direct Entry i.e. 200 level must have either of the following:
i. Minimum of Upper Credit at the Diploma level
ii. Minimum of 10 points in interim Joint Matriculation Board (I.J.M.B) examination.
iii. Minimum of 8 points at the Advanced Level General Certificate of Education (G.C.E).
B. MSc (Nigeria and Overseas)
1. A minimum of Second Class Upper (2.1) in an Oil and Gas related field OR a 2.2 with oil and gas industry experience
2. National Youth Service (NYSC) certificate
3. Applicants must be computer literate
4. Possession of O/level with Credit in English Language in WAEC/SSCE (C6) or NECO (C4);
5. Applicants must not be above 30 years of age Applicants without credit in English language as in (4) above but possess any of the following may apply
i. Test of English language as a foreign language (TOEFL)
ii. G.R.E ( Graduate Record Examination)
iii. GMAT –for Management related courses
iv. International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
1. Applicants must be in the academics teaching oil and gas related discipline;
2. Applicants must possess minimum of 2.2 on first degree and a good second degree certificate;
3. Applicants must submit a research proposal relevant to the oil and gas industry (of not more than
5 pages) to include: Topic, introduction, objective, methodology and mode of data collection;
4. Applicants must include valid admission letter;
5. Applicants must not be over 40 years of age; and;
6. Applicants must include their masters degree project
Application deadline is 23rd October, 2013 for the 2013/2014 and 2014/2015 applicants.
(i) Candidates whose disciplines are not related to the above need not apply.
(ii) Selection will be based strictly on performance in the aptitude test and Oral Interview.
Clickfor more information on how to apply
For more enquiries about admissions into universities abroad and scholarships, send an email to email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org or call: +2349022563054, +2347037293057,