The government of Ireland is awarding postgraduate scholarships to international students to study Master’s and Doctoral programmes in an Irish HEI. The duration of the award depends on the type of degree being pursued by scholars at the date of first registration. The deadline of application is 28th January 2014. Note that the scholarship will start from 1st October 2014. Scholarship is available for pursuing full time Master’s and Doctoral programmes in an Irish HEI.
Scholars are advised to make sure they meet the following eligibility criteria before applying for this scholarship:
- Scholars must have a first class or upper second-class honours primary degree, or the equivalent4. If examination results are not known at the time of application, the Council may make a provisional offer of a Scholarship on condition that the Scholar’s undergraduate degree result is a first class- or upper second-class honors, or the equivalent. Masters degree results may be considered to take precedence over the results of the primary degree. The Council decision on these matters is final;
- Scholars must not have applied more than once to the Scheme (including strategic partner themes within the Scheme). This includes applications since 2009 to the EMBARK scheme previously run by the Irish Research Council for Science, Engineering and Technology (IRCSET), and the Government of Ireland Scholarship Scheme previously run by the Irish Council for Humanities and Social Sciences (IRCHSS).
- Scholars must not be a permanent member of staff in an HEI or in a non-Irish based research body or HEI.
- Scholars must be full-time students affiliated with an eligible HEI in Ireland
- Scholars must be a new entrant to the degree for which they are to receive Council funding and have been formally accepted by the relevant department/school by, at the latest, 1st October 2014;
- In the case of Research Masters Scholarships, not currently holding or having previously held a Council Postgraduate Scholarship.
- Doctoral Degree Scholarships, not currently holding or having previously held any Council Postgraduate Scholarship other than those which would enable them to obtain a Research Masters Degree
- Scholars from any country may hold a Council Postgraduate Scholarship. However, Scholars must:
-maintain her/his principal residence in Ireland (as defined) during the period of the Scholarship;
-satisfy the State’s regulations on immigration and have the support of their HEI with respect to these regulations and requirements if not a national of a member state of the European Union (EU).
Field of study
Scholarship is awarded to study any discipline in an Irish HEI.
How to apply
The mode of application is by an electronic submission system, which will be launched in due course. A “Guidelines for Applicants” document will be posted once the online system opens. In the mean time, the e-system should be used as an aid to preparing an application, an indicative word document version of the application form is provided . Academic Supervisor, Referee and (where relevant) Enterprise Mentor forms will be available in due course. All electronic applications must be submitted via the e-system. Clickfor more information on how to apply.
Scholarship Application Period and Deadline
Application should be submitted from now till 28th January 2014.
For more inquiries about admissions and visas to study abroad, send an email email@example.com or call: +2347037293057, +2348125835476