YouWiN is an innovative business plan competition aimed at generating jobs by encouraging and supporting aspiring entrepreneurial youth in Nigeria to develop and execute business ideas that will lead to job creation. Youths will be given a platform to to show case their business acumen, skills and aspirations to business leaders, investors and mentors in Nigeria.
YouWiN stands for Youth Enterprise with Innovation in Nigeria. It was established by the Ministry of Finance, the Ministry of Communication Technology (CT), the Ministry of Youth Development and the Ministry of Women Affairs and Social Development. The program aimed at generating jobs by encouraging and supporting aspiring entrepreneurial youth in Nigeria to develop and execute business ideas that will lead to job creation.
Objectives of the program
The following are the objectives of the program:
- To attract ideas and innovations from young entrepreneurial aspirants from Universities, Polytechnics, Technical colleges, and other post-Secondary institutions in Nigeria.
- To provide a onetime Equity grant for 1,200 selected aspiring entrepreneurs to start or expand their business concepts and mitigate start up risks.
- To generate 80,000 to 110,000 new jobs for currently unemployed Nigerian youth over the three years during which the three cycles will be implemented.
- To provide business training for up to 6,000 aspiring youth entrepreneurs spread across all geo-political zones in Nigeria.
- Encourage expansion, specialization and spin-offs of existing businesses in Nigeria
- Enable young entrepreneurs to access a wide business professional network and improve their visibility
Eligible applicants must:
- Be a proven citizen of Nigeria no older than 45 years (proof of identity: International passport/Drivers License/National ID/Voters card required).
- Have a post-secondary school qualification.
- Your proposed business venture must be within the national borders of Nigeria, and with the intention of employing Nigerian citizens.
- Your proposed venture must not entail the production or distribution of weapons, alcoholic beverages, tobacco or/and gambling, or any activities in contradiction with the Nigerian constitution.
- You must prepare an innovative business concept summary.
How to apply
Step 1 – Check your eligibility
Step2 – Click here to register. After registration, you will receive a confirmation email from YouWiN! With all the details you will need to log in.
Step3 – Complete new business application. Once you’ve logged into your account, click the New Business Application button on the right hand-side.
Step4 – When you are done with your application, click on the Submit button on the form to send it to YouWiN.
For more inquiries about admissions and visas to study abroad, send an email email@example.com or call: +2347037293057, +2348125835476