The Federal Government of Nigeria is awarding scholarships to Nigerian students who wish to pursue postgraduate, undergraduate, higher national diploma and national certificate in education programme in Nigerian tertiary Institutions. About N150,000 will be given to undergraduate scholars, N180,000 to postgraduate scholars and N100,000 for HND and NCE holders respectively, per annum.
Nigerian Award is one of the two Divisions of the Federal Scholarship Board. It processes and implements scholarship awards for Postgraduate, Undergraduate, Higher National Diploma and National Certificate in Education.
Under Nigerian Award, the following programmes are covered by the Federal Government scholarship scheme Tenable in Nigerian Tertiary Institutions.
- Postgraduate (PG) Award
- Undergraduate (UG) Award
- Higher National Diploma (HND) Award
- National Certificate in Education (NCE) Award.
All applicants for postgraduate scholarship should have a FIRST CLASS or 2nd
CLASS UPPER DIVISION IN THEIR FIRST DEGREE.
All applicants for undergraduate scholarship must be in the 2ndyear of their studies or above
and must have at least 4.0 C.G.P.A on a 5 point Scale or its equivalent in previous academic
All applicants must have a minimum of 3.5 CGPA (Upper Credit Pass) at ND level. The Award Covers HND 1 AND HND II
The award is for 2ndand 3rdyear of NCE programme and candidates must have a minimumof 3.5 CGPA score on 5 point scale or its equivalent in the previous examinations.
Fields of study
- Science, Technology, Engineering
- Medicine and Para-medicals.
- Science Subjects with Education.
- Arts and other subjects with Education.
- Liberal Arts/Social/Management Sciences.
- HND (science and Technology)
What the scholarship covers
Under-Graduate Scholars N150, 000 per annum
Post-Graduate Scholars N180, 000 per annum
HND N100, 000 per annum
NCE N100, 000 per annum
How to apply
The mode of application is online. Please contact the scholarship providerfor more information on how to apply.
Documents to be submitted at the exam center
- Printed Application form
- Copy of Educational certificates (on no account should original certificates be submitted)
- Copy of Letter of admission to the institution you are studying
- Copy of Current Course Registration form
- Copy of Last sessional examination result
- Copy of Identity Card
- Passport-size photographs
The 2014 Scholarship has closed. Get more information about the 2015 Federal Government Scholarship here
For more inquiries about admissions and visas to study abroad, send an email to Admin@study-domain.com , Portharcourt@study-domain.com , Peace@study-domain.com or call +2347037293057, +2348125835476, +7896141312